AK-47 information

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by shattered00, Aug 14, 2005.

1. shattered00

shattered00 New Member

Sup all, I am new here as you can obviously tell by my number of posts. First, I was wondering if anyone could send me a link to "history of the AK-47" or something like that. I am interested in purchasing an AK-47, yet I know next to nothing about it other than having fired one a while back in which I was instantly allured to its beauty and power. The one I fired had a wood stock that looked like this one: http://www.sovietarmy.com/small_arms/ak-47_icon.jpg

I am not so much interested in authenticity or historical importance as I am in performance. I want the model that performs the best yet also retains some aesthetic points as well. I saw a model of one that had a black stock which did not appear to be wood. Would this be better? Also, are they all as rugged as the original (for instance, still functioning after being completely submerged in muddy water etc.) There is a manufacturer here in Houston that sells them, but the stock looks rather cheap and it says it uses American parts. Here is the link to it. http://www.globaltrades.com/ssr-85c1.html

Are these parts as good as the parts used on the other AK-47s? Is one with a stock which has a "hole" in it(and looks like it is collapsible and looks to be metal of sorts) better than a wood stock or the black stock? From reading these forums it seems that around 300-500 dollars is a good price range for this gun so please correct me if I am wrong. I am a poor college student who doesn't have much money haha. I apologize for being such a novice when it comes to guns.
  2. West

West New Member

Here, you should find some good info here

Link Here
  3. REB BUMMER

REB BUMMER New Member

The AK is all that and more, You can find new Wasps 10 in stores for around $300 w/bayo,+stuff. A great rifle, The ones w/ the hole in stock are post ban Chinnese, Clinton banned then in 94, to change the stock, you will need to replace 5 original parts to US made parts, 7 if you want to install a flashider+folder,..I have a Norinco (922 conpliant) and love it, You can build a AK. You can find Alota parts kits out there, all you need is some rivets and a 10 ton press,lol but a ban has been put on the barrels starting shortly so pick then up now.