AK-47

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by MnHunter, Feb 19, 2006.

1. MnHunter

MnHunter New Member

Well it is no top dog AK-47 but I went out today I bought my first one. They were on sale at a local sports shop for 269.00 it is Romanian made and uses stackable magazines, came with bayonet sling cleaning kit and two 30 rounds mags... You AK-47 lovers might know my next question did I pay too much or was this sale a real deal? I thought it was a good deal since I have not found one under 350.00 at the gun shows.
    This one is in excellent condition whether it was reconditioned I have no idea but the blueing and the wood is beautiful.. :cool:
  2. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

It sound like a good deal to me. I bought my SAR1 4 years ago paid $325.00.

My wife is happy you live so far away. :eek: :D
  3. MnHunter

MnHunter New Member

Going to go get another one tomorrow then, last day of the sale. Went out and shot this one and dumped 2 30 round mags in just a minute with no jams, nice shooting weapon I must say.. :D
  4. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

That was a good price
  5. MnHunter

MnHunter New Member

Just got home with my second one..woo-hoo
    But this one came with 2 20 round mags instead of the 2 30 rounders I got yesterday...
  6. daxmanio

daxmanio New Member

nice

can you post some pictures of it? preferably with the bayonet unfolded.I'm a big Kalashnikov fan :D
  7. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

Watch out MnHunter, it sounds likd you are haveing too much fun!!!!!!!!! :eek: :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  8. flopshot

flopshot New Member

hi hunter, are they both in 7.62 ? i've been thinking about an ak derivitive in .223. i'd like some feedback on the confiuguration as opposed to an expensive ar15 or clone.
  9. MnHunter

MnHunter New Member

Yes they are both 7.62-39
    I was advised by a buddy (GUN FREAK) of mine not to buy any ak other then 7.62-39.
    He is in his mid 30's and knows more then anyone I know and everytime he goes to a gun show with me he tells the sellers more about there weapons then they even know..lol Kinda embarrassing at times but any questions you may have ask away and I will ask him for you the pros and cons if that is what you are looking for. :cool:
  10. flopshot

flopshot New Member

kinda what i thought. just have myself spread out too much and need to consolidate. lots of 223 but the Colt's a keeper . the .308 is getting hard to find at a decent price, so i suppose i't best to just get another AK in 7.62
    would someone mind clarifying the status of the old assault weapons ban ?
    can we now go back to the pistol gripped folding stock AK's ? what about 30 rd mags ? i don't want to start another debate, but i just feel like my wooded rural location dictated a 30 cal. solution and another .308 is just too much of an investment. thanks
  11. MnHunter

MnHunter New Member

Well there is longer a ban on high cap mags and for folding stocks,they to are lifted since the gun stores in my area are now selling them.. Might want to check with your local laws..Good Luck
  12. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

With the AWB dead, the main laws you need to make sure you comply with are the NFA and 922(r). As long as your AK is not a machine gun, has a barrel length of at least 16", and an overall length (with stock folded) of at least 26", you should be good for NFA purposes.

922(r) is a different story. As long as you have 10 or less foreign parts on your rifle (parts from the BATF list), then you have a "US made" rifle and it doesn't matter. Most of the commercial AK's being sold today are 922(r) compliant already, so it's a non-issue. But for guys who home-build their AK's from parts kits, you have to make sure you're compliant. Once 922(r) is satisfied, you can go hog-wild. Folding stocks, hi-cap mags, bayonet lugs, etc.