AK 47S, this one any good?

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by fuzebox40, Feb 16, 2012.

1. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

What I mean is, how is it compared to others. I know the gun is good cuz I've used it and it always performed flawlessly, never a jam, never a missfire, just super reliable. As far as accuracy, if my aim was true I didn't miss. Now days I need a scoped rifle and glasses to hit anything.:(
    Anyway I see such varying prices on these that I can't help but wonder what makes a $500 gun vs. a $200 gun and how mine stacks up in that grand scheme. I don't know how old it is but I've owned it for 20 years and taken it out maybe 6 times and not at all in the last 10 so I haven't worn it out by any means.
    So what affects the value here? What model, make, origin, etc. do you look for? Among other things I want to list on paper each piece I own with curent value in case I drop dead my wife doesn't get ripped blind trying get rid of them. Thanks.

Pics below.
  2. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

AK47S 7.62x39mm
    Made in China

Golden State Arms Dist. Inc.
    Manhattan Beach, Ca.

Attached Files:

3. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Yep, that's a good Chinese AK. NOT made by Norinco at all, but another Chinese police/military arsenal called 'Jing An'. Imported in the 1980's.

Before the AWB went away, these were big money and can still bring inflated prices in certain states that still have an AWB but allow grandfathered guns. On the average market, though, about $600 but possibly more to a dedicated AK collector.
  4. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Well that's music to my ears! Thank you Stone. So glad to hear it's not one of the dime a dozen jobs. As long as I've had it you would think I'd know something about them by now but I was just never that intrigued I supose. It was one of those deals where the girlfriend owned it and when dumped the boyfriend she lost interest and sold out cheap to me.
    The AWB still stands here in Ca.. They gave current owners a chance to register them and keep them legaly when the law went into affect. I was on the fence about the idea but thought it best to take the offer, looking back I'm glad I did.
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Great AK!! I had the Polyech underfolder and wish I still had it.
  6. 436

436 New Member

I've got two of the Polytech's one is a stamped folder, the other milled. The Polytech brings top dollar as does any Polytech AKM 47S versions go.
    They shoot great and are as tough as a pre WWII nail.

Attached Files:

7. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

8. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

You luck man 436 to have that one with a milled reciver.
  9. 436

436 New Member

Well thank you for the kind words.. Actually the milled is nice, but the stamped is unbelievably accurate for a AKM, when using the older Chinese copper wash ammo, for some reason the other brands don't shot quite as well in them. Both guns run like a Swiss watches, guess I'm pretty lucky as you said, to have found them.
    Cheers
  10. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

LUCKY MAN...