1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

AK 74 SAR 2 shooting report

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

AGunguy
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/7/01 1:47:17 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All AK 74 SAR 2 shooting report
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finally made it to the range today in between cloud burst of wet stuff. Son and I managed about 45 minutes before it started coming down again. The benches were shed roofed with corrigated metal but the lightning was getting rambunches and we decided to call it a day.

However, we did manage put 40 rounds out of the end of the pipe on the AK and it was a sweet experience to say the least. Recoil and noise factor were no worse than shooting a 7.62 X 39 SKS. In fact, I think the recoil was slightly less. But that 5.45 X 39 bullet is like horrizontal lightning, man, it shoot flat as a pool table at a little over 100 meters. I was shooting at a round rock about the size of basket ball at that range. And even with my poor clouded vision I was getting a lot of hits being spotted by my son.

I can't wait to get a nice side mount and scope for this rifle, it is an extremely accurate firearm. I am very happy with this weapon that the commies have made and I can only hope they make and send us many more. The American patriot will be well armed with this equipment and it won't cost him an arm and a leg to buy them either.

This 5.45 X 39 punches hard and is a pure delight to shoot, I recomend it to one and all.

Gunguy

kdubaz
    (9/7/01 6:06:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: AK 74 SAR 2 shooting report
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sounds like ya had lots of fun, Gunguy -

Let us know how things work out with the scope and all!
    Keep below the ridgeline!