AK 74 SAR 2 shooting report

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

AGunguy
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/7/01 1:47:17 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All AK 74 SAR 2 shooting report
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finally made it to the range today in between cloud burst of wet stuff. Son and I managed about 45 minutes before it started coming down again. The benches were shed roofed with corrigated metal but the lightning was getting rambunches and we decided to call it a day.

However, we did manage put 40 rounds out of the end of the pipe on the AK and it was a sweet experience to say the least. Recoil and noise factor were no worse than shooting a 7.62 X 39 SKS. In fact, I think the recoil was slightly less. But that 5.45 X 39 bullet is like horrizontal lightning, man, it shoot flat as a pool table at a little over 100 meters. I was shooting at a round rock about the size of basket ball at that range. And even with my poor clouded vision I was getting a lot of hits being spotted by my son.

I can't wait to get a nice side mount and scope for this rifle, it is an extremely accurate firearm. I am very happy with this weapon that the commies have made and I can only hope they make and send us many more. The American patriot will be well armed with this equipment and it won't cost him an arm and a leg to buy them either.

This 5.45 X 39 punches hard and is a pure delight to shoot, I recomend it to one and all.

Gunguy

kdubaz
    (9/7/01 6:06:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: AK 74 SAR 2 shooting report
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sounds like ya had lots of fun, Gunguy -

Let us know how things work out with the scope and all!
    Keep below the ridgeline!