AK bullpup built from a kit

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CongoKurt, Apr 21, 2012.

1. CongoKurt

CongoKurt New Member

[​IMG]

The photo above is a AK bullpup built from a kit. The originals were imported under the NORINCO trade name, model AK86S. From what I understand, there are less than 1,200 in the USA. One dealer told me that it was less than 750. I do not know who to believe. The one I saw has a serial numer under 100. The seller wants $3,500.00 for it. Again, from what I understand that is a reasonable price if there are less than 750 in country. I was given the chance to fire the arm and it shoots like a dream. I think it is because of the configuration - the receiver placed where it is, in back of the trigger group and the balance of the arm. There was hardly any "kick" to it, however the 30rd mags were a bit hard to seat while 20rd and 40 rounders went in quite easy. I want one, but not at the cost. I also understand that while almost all parts are interchangeable with an AK47, some parts are not and priceywhen you do find them. Soooo... I will have to think about the pro's and con's of a purchase. Anyone with advice, please reply.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2012
  2. CongoKurt

CongoKurt New Member

Re: Nother' Newb

Please see my above post....the firearm shown looks as if it was made from a kit... Very common. True AK86S's are rare but DO look mean and shoot like a dream. Enjoy your version. It will eat every 7.62X39 on the market.
  3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Re: Nother' Newb

Welcome to the forum BoiseBwoi. Glad to have you here. You'll find friends here as well as lots of experience and help. Enjoy.

That is an awesome gun. Looks like it's fun to shoot.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

G'day Congo , i moved your post here as thats a oldish thread and your question not get mixed up with that thread ..
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'll add data from Norinco

3250 exported to USA 2250 exported to Australia

and there where many sold to the US from Australia when the gun laws here changed

Attached Files:

6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

cont.

Attached Files:

7. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'll add my welcome, CongoKurt. Enjoy the forum; its a great place to be.