AK or SKS

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by durk, Nov 12, 2008.

?

AK47 Or SKS, Why and from what country?

1. AK47

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. SKS

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. pops42

pops42 New Member

high up on the blue ridge mountains of Va.
    i aint never had the pleasure of an AK but i love my chinese SKS and i think it shoots great ,but i recken mine is one sided since i havent ever owned a AK
  2. Smoke

Smoke Member

I like both, my favorite AK is the Bulgarian AK74 & my favorite SKS is the Yugo SKS M59/66 both great guns.
  3. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

I have Yugo SKS that I kept original I took it to a Gunsmith to add a scope my eyes ain,t what they used to be ,,I,ll post up a Pic when i get it back if anybodys interested
  4. preacher60

preacher60 New Member

i owen two of the yugo and i love them they both shoot rather well but again i have never shot the AK. I have also put a scope on one of them and haven't had time to set it. I have had surgery no both my eyes and i need a little help. I modified them with the $49.95 folding stock they look good and they are not as heavy but good 100 yard shooters.
  5. okiefired

okiefired New Member

If its an AK you want (better than SKS IMHO), get you a well cared for Mak 90. Thier the best of the stamped steel versions and probably have the best trigger of them all. At best either one is a 3 moa rifle, thats 9" groups at 300 IF you pull the trigger perfectly, there's no wind and you're shooting match ammo with a perfect zero. That can easily equal a complete miss on a whitetail deer. They are NOT a 300 yrd hunting rifle.

okie
  6. popgun

popgun New Member

I have both bought my SKS in the early 80 for $100 including a case of ammo. Always thought of it as the poor man AK. Later I adde a romanian an SAR1. The AK is lighter and handels quicker. More recently I added a Draco pistol AK. Get them whole you can.
  7. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

Maadi Ak's all the way, I even got an RPM that does pretty good at 500 yards
  8. 775barber

775barber New Member

id say if you like the sks and want it strickly because you want an sks then thats what you go with. but if your choosing between the two, like ive seen mostly is most people prefer ak. I like both and will sooner or later own both
  9. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Yuko SKS or Norinco SKS with new syn stock. 30 rd mag, scope, and new operating rod.
  10. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

yup DO post a pic.:)
  11. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

dang, blast from the past....

hard to believe the AK got shot down by the SKS!

it's a no contest as far as I care... the wing on the SKS mag is enough to sway me if nothing else.
  12. NRAJOE

NRAJOE New Member

Bulgarian AK...

[​IMG]
  13. blunt350

blunt350 New Member

AK buy far.I'll bet now with the ammo prices you wish you would went ak way and not ar15.Ak will eat alomost anything u put in it depending on what country u go with.I myself like the Chinese Ak's
  14. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

My AR eats anything I put in it and .223 is still basically the same price (although both have gone up recently) as 7.62 is.
  15. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Guess................

[​IMG]