1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

AK question

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by Zigzag2, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

AntiqueDr
    (8/31/01 6:08:06 pm)
    AK question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Got one of these Maadi-built AK's. It is new, unfired, packed full of grease. The stocks have been replaced with new black polymer stocks from MSG, traditional AK configuration. The gun accepts hi-caps and I have two 30-rd mags for it.

Legal problems?

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/31/01 6:39:53 pm)
    Re: AK question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If this is a preban....no.
    If it is a postban.....no.

A real preban Maadi, is a quality rifle and worth some bucks.
    A postban Maadi, is the low man on the AK list and easy to spot. When the magazine is inserted and locked; it can be racked front and back....and side to side. Very loose fit.

The receiver will tell post or pre. Serial number will have "98-99-00-01" at the end, this would be a postban gun. The stocks or furniture (syn) is probably American manufacture, which adds to American content laws. Don`t worry. Full boat retail on a new Maadi in that round, NIB is around $285.00. Preban....over a Grand++++. LTS
    "am not" R2

AntiqueDr
    (8/31/01 6:53:19 pm)
    Well, the mag is a pretty decent fit. This is MISR marked, serial number CM10129.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (8/31/01 7:50:04 pm)
    Doc, I will have to run the number in the morning. Look at the ejection port, it should be flared and not smooth. Does it have Arabic letters by the trunion next to the serial number? Pull the top cover and look on the bolt too. These will be give-a-ways to a preban MISR..... LTS
    "am not" R2

AntiqueDr
    (8/31/01 8:04:57 pm)
    I'm real sure its post-ban. No Arabic writing, but all the numbers match.

Anyway, started it off at $250 with two 30-rd mags. We'll see where it goes.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (8/31/01 8:08:36 pm)
    No problem, your fine there. I thought you might have a keeper or $$$$$$ one. I know you`ll do fine there. LTS
    "am not" R2

AntiqueDr
    (9/4/01 10:21:03 pm)
    Well, I've got a NR and an F(1) in something of a bidding war with 2+ days to go. *sigh*

AntiqueDr
    (9/7/01 7:50:25 pm)
    Well, almost 1000 counter hits and it closed at $320 with 19 bids. Who'd a-thunk it?

Might have to look for more of these...

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/7/01 8:03:25 pm)
    Yep, call me stupid..........
    I could be wrong......Nah!