AK vs. AR - Which is more fun?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by CampingJosh, Feb 21, 2010.

?

Which do you find more fun to shoot?

Poll closed Feb 26, 2010.
  1. AR (and any variants)

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. AK (and any variants)

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Merick The Red

Merick The Red New Member

The Fal is a fine rifle, I wish I had more experience with one. Im willing to bet that the FAL is a much more accurate weapon. I wouldnt bother putting a scope on an AK, but on an FAL? sure. I would like to pick one up sometime.
    As for dependability, I dont think any weapon can replace the AK as being the most reliable weapon.

So it really is a matter of application. If you are hoofing it through mud and muck I would go with an AK, but in an urban setting for example, an FAL or AR might be your best bet.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  2. ofitg

ofitg New Member

Wild Cat, this is interesting. Which country is replacing the FAL with the AK? Is it the AK47 or the AK74?
  3. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Lets see... When I had my Colt AR-15 SP-1 I had a lot of fun with it.
    Then, when I sold it and replaced it with the Colt CAR-15 version I had a lot of fun with it too.
    And, after selling that and replacing it with my Rommy AK variant... I have a lot fun with it!!! :D
  4. wpage

wpage Active Member

They are both fun guns...
  5. WILD CAT

WILD CAT New Member

Venezuela, it is the AK 103 in 7.62 cal
  6. ofitg

ofitg New Member

Thanks for the info - I had to Google AK-103 and do some reading - interesting, Mr. Kalashnikov's 7.62X39 cartridge refuses to fade way.

The article I read stated that Venezuela purchased 100,000 of these rifles from Russia, and a Venezulan plant should start manufacturing the AK-103 this year.
  7. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Tough question. I don't have an AK, but I have an sks. I enjoy shooting the sks as much as I do my AR. I suppose I need to buy an AK so I can give a more accurate answer. Thank you for the excuse.
  8. WRC

WRC Member

A Colt Ar-15 has my vote. Accurate and reliable.