Akkar Arms ?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Daric, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Daric

Daric New Member

I am wanting to know if akkar makes guns worth buying. I am looking at the akkar 600 auto shotgun in 20 gauge for $380 new at budsgunshop. The only review I have seen was done by Outdoor Life and they gave it the shotgun buy of the year award. I am thinking of buying a Win. SX3 20 gauge. I already have the SX3 12 gauge field and love it but they cost almost double the akkar. I would be thankful for anybodies knowledge of akkar arms. Thanks
  2. B27

B27 New Member

Is that a Turkish manufacturer?

The reason I ask is because the latest SGN has a long article about how new, modern and well run the Turkish arms plant Sarsilmaz (SAR Arms) is...and how it's only equal is the HK plant.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  3. Daric

Daric New Member

Yes it's Turkish. I saw the episode when they toured the sar plant. No clue if sar owns or makes akkar but I am really not the type person to blindly try a gun out so I am starting to lean towards fronting the extra $ and getting a win. sx3 20 ga. that has more than proven itself. I want to trust outdoor life with there review but I know reviews can be affected by sponsors. I have seen a number of Turkish doubles that were ( even considering the price) not up to par. Would still like some advice from anybody with knowledge of akkar. Thanks