1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Akkar Arms ?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Daric, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Daric

Daric Member

I am wanting to know if akkar makes guns worth buying. I am looking at the akkar 600 auto shotgun in 20 gauge for $380 new at budsgunshop. The only review I have seen was done by Outdoor Life and they gave it the shotgun buy of the year award. I am thinking of buying a Win. SX3 20 gauge. I already have the SX3 12 gauge field and love it but they cost almost double the akkar. I would be thankful for anybodies knowledge of akkar arms. Thanks
  2. B27

B27 New Member

Is that a Turkish manufacturer?

The reason I ask is because the latest SGN has a long article about how new, modern and well run the Turkish arms plant Sarsilmaz (SAR Arms) is...and how it's only equal is the HK plant.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  3. Daric

Daric Member

Yes it's Turkish. I saw the episode when they toured the sar plant. No clue if sar owns or makes akkar but I am really not the type person to blindly try a gun out so I am starting to lean towards fronting the extra $ and getting a win. sx3 20 ga. that has more than proven itself. I want to trust outdoor life with there review but I know reviews can be affected by sponsors. I have seen a number of Turkish doubles that were ( even considering the price) not up to par. Would still like some advice from anybody with knowledge of akkar. Thanks