1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Alabama Rack & Beard Hunt

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by Marlin, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

From: "BADF Disabled Services" <dsullivan@buckmasters.com>
    To: "MARLIN" Subject: 5th Annual Rack and Beard Hunt in AL

I'm very please to announce, that we at Rack & Beard Hunting Club in Monroe County, AL will be holding our 5th Annual Disabled Hunt on December 2nd and 3rd. As you know, we were devastated by Hurricane Ivan last September. As a result, our landowner decided to clear cut the remaining timber. We were disheartened by this action but our will is strong and our spirit is high as we face new challenges with what we have left. We still will have a great hunt to offer despite the circumstances. As a disabled hunter myself, I am already excited by the possibility of hunting places on our property that I've never been able to get to. I've already seen places that I've never seen before but I now have access. We still have a great number of deer and the new regrowth of browse will only draw more deer from areas around us. This hunt could turn out to be our best ever.

This year we are teaming up with another generous and great landowner so that we can accomodate more disabled hunters. As in the past, we will draw names of hunters who reply to this announcement and will do our very best to give them a great weekend of hunting and fellowship.

The hunt will begin at noon on Friday December 2nd and conclude on Saturday night December 3rd. We will host 12 hunters this year and those hunters names will be drawn from the total number of hunters that reply by email. For those replying, we would like for them to include their name, their age, address, phone number and type of disability. Unfortunately, we don't have a camp house so all hunters chosen will be responsible for their own hotel accomodations and will be responsible for acquring a valid AL hunting license. All meals will be provided. I am including at the bottom of this email the website address of our hunting club. I must warn you that the dates of the hunt are not correct but the links to hotels are correct, and the link to the hunting license dept. are and might be hepful. We are looking forward to a great weekend of fun and fellowship. Good Luck to all those that reply !

Joe Dunning

Rack & Beard Hunting Club

tiger85@frontiernet.net