ALAN BLANK of Venice, CA -- copied form X

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by warpig, Mar 7, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

twins
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/26/02 1:40:51 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All ALAN BLANK of Venice, CA -- copied form X
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey all,
    This is copied from GB, just wanted to keep you informed brfore it got nuked.

high_order1

I don't visit this forum very often, so this is just a note to let everybody know about my experience dealing with ALAN BLANK of Venice, CA, who may or may not ALSO do business as RED STAR MILITARY MUSEUM & SALES in Culver City CA.
    He sells on several boards and auction sites.
    Mr. Blank auctioned off a Bomb Disposal Suit on both Auction Arms and eBay simultaneously (his user ID is sig380 at both). He stated in the title that the suit was complete.
    Because I do Bomb Disposal work as a Public Safety Bomb Technician, I was excited to win the suit. However, I didn't see several parts in any of the photographs that would be included in a 'complete' ensemble,including some cooling and power supply parts, armor plates, and the suits' sleeves . So, I emailed him, and he replied that he didn't have the cooling or power supply parts, but that the sleeves were there.
    Auction came and went, and I was the only bidder. I sent him a US Postal Money Order within 24 hours of learning his address. Pokey sent me the suit roughly three weeks and 20 - something emails later - minus the sleeves, but to his credit included the battery packs and cooling gear.
    However, it's easier to homebrew a battery pack than a sleeve, and I *DID* ask before I bidded if the sleeves were present. He ignored a few emails, then I tracked down his home number and woke him up. He said he'd check with the guy (he consignment sells things), and he thought the guy still had them.
    After waiting a week or so, I tried to email him to find out he changed his email address. I found his new address, and said I wanted the sleeves or some of my money back. He replied quickly saying nope. But, I could send it back. Checking his feedback, some people haven't got their funds back, and now I make five or six unhappy people in the past couple of months.
    I don't expect anybody to be able to help me, but I want YOU to know the kind of 'gentleman' you are sending your hard-earned dollars to.
    Thanks for your time,
    Shawn

bondai
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/26/02 5:42:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: ALAN BLANK of Venice, CA -- copied form X
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twins,
    I can understand this guy's frustration, but. Why would anyone who does bomb disposal work buy a suit from an online auction ? Just doesn't add up to me.

twins
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/31/02 11:48:20 pm)
    Good question, couldn't he get it cheaper from a supply store affiliated with the PD?

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/4/02 9:39:51 am)
    I don't do EOD but have been to ATF's Advanced Bomb Disposal School! There is something wrong with this picture! His agancy, if advanced enough to have a bomb squad, should have the proper equiptment to assure the safety of their officers!.

But, then again, I've seen the volunteer firemen go out and BUY Code 3 light Bars and in grill sirenes, wigg Waggs and storbes so they can drive there Ford F150's to a fire at 100 + MPH too! Go, figure!
    I suffer from occasional loss of mental stability, and become very violent with only slight provocation. The Veterans Administration has determined that both mental and physical harassment of my person may be hazardous to your health and well being. So stay away from my Donuts!!

BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 4/4/02 2:50:19 pm