Albanian SKS

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/6/02 9:35:28 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Albanian SKS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Got a flyer in the mail today from AIM - they have Albanian made SKSs. They were made in extremely small quantities from 1967-1979, have chrome lined barrels, AK style charging bolt, SVT40 style top handguard, two compartments in the buttstock, all milled, threaded barrel.

Grade 1 - very good to excellent, all matching external #s - $269.95

Grade 2 - good to very good, all matching external #s - $229.95
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/6/02 9:39:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Albanian SKS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bob, might not be a bad buy. From what I heard over on AssaultWeb they're about a week and a half out from actually having them in stock - go figure.

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/02 12:07:27 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Albanian SKS
    I saw that, they look kinda ugly if you ask me...kinda look like a Rashid...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (2/7/02 3:30:25 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Albanian SKS
    I'm undecided as to what to do yet. I already have 2 SKS's that I haven't shot yet and the safe is getting full. Maybe I'll wait and read some posts on their "true" condition when people start getting them.

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/02 4:50:56 pm)
    SKSs aren't my big thing either. I have a couple of Chinese and one Romanian, passed on the Yugos, and this Albanian does look kinda ugly. Think I will pass on it too.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

velvetnsteel
    (2/7/02 6:14:27 pm)
    Isn't that a bit high for an SKS? Or do these have something special? I don't know that much about them, but I have had 5 or 6 of various persuasions and I don't think I paid that much for any of them.

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/02 10:14:44 pm)
    Well, one of the reasons is that most of the Russians are gone, and the cheap Norincos can no longer be imported, so they are drying up...the days or the $79 Chinese SKSs are long gone...(and I missed them, CRAP...)

At shows now the Chinese and Russians are going for $200-$300...rarely for any less...

I paid $129 for my Romanian, handpicked, a year ago, and they are no longer available wholesale, they are going for about $175-200 now too...

Plus, these actually ARE colectors pieces, first, three years ago we never KNEW they were even made, for example, the Romanians were used by the paramilitary police, not the Army supposedly...

Plus, there just cannot have been that many made, of the Romanians, Yugos, and Albanians compared to production figures of the Soviets or Chinese....

You know, I'd bet there are going to be quite a few SKS collectors now...before, all they really had were various Russians and Chinese, and the Rashids...but now, a guy could have a pretty neat collection with just one sample of each, he'd STILL have a half a dozen different ones now, with just one from each country...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

velvetnsteel
    (2/8/02 9:06:12 am)
    Thanks Polish for the enlightening information. I appreciate your taking the time to explain this info. I haven't been able to dig into the SKS data. Been spending too much time with those lovely Swedes.......................hehe!!!