Alchemy Arms "Spectre" Pistols

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/9/02 10:59:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Alchemy Arms "Spectre" Pistols
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out this link, Alchemy Arms and let me know what you think.

Thinking about picking them up at the distributor level.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/11/02 8:12:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Alchemy Arms "Spectre" Pistols
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know I replied once... but here it goes again

AD, I read your link, and frankly I think they write their own "rave" review. "State-of-the-art technology" and "6 safties".

What do you think of them?

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/11/02 8:56:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Alchemy Arms "Spectre" Pistols
    Well, I handled them at the SHOT Show, and they dont look bad. The website is a piece of crap, its supposed to be updated and changed.

If you read through the 'six safeties' thing, you find that there is a grip safety and a manual thumb safety just like a 1911. It also has a key lock that shuts down the whole gun (even HK has that now). The rest is just hype for the "safe-gun" folks.

Handling the thing gives me the impression of a Glock mated with a 1911. It's striker fired like the Glock, but has the trigger pull and grip feel of the 1911. Field strips like a Glock. All in all, it seemed like a pretty good lick for a 10-rd .45 auto, with Ashley night sights. I have yet to shoot one, but their accuracy claims are impressive.

Reasonable retail price with good margin, too.

www.apaxenterprises.com

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/12/02 7:37:23 am)
    I read where Safties Sell

Seriously AD, I've done some research on them and have seen a wide range in price. From MSR $800.00 to $399.99 sale price, and no bad reviews yet.

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 2/12/02 10:09:31 am

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/12/02 10:22:40 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    The company has had some start-up difficulties and has had some difficulties getting product to market and getting adequate advertising exposure. They originally went the big-distributor route and did not have the manufacturing capability to maintain the numbers. Now they have trimmed back their catalog and are marketing through protected dealer territories. Supposedly, I am their Master Dealer for the Houston/Gulf Coast area but we'll see. Their website (old) still shows a dealer in Baytown.

I should start getting .45's in this week sometime. I've got a marketing plan of my own in mind...

www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/12/02 10:47:28 am)
    I looked at these some time back, in 9mm. I don`t know where or exactly when. I guess it didn`t impress me enough to remember much about them, except they seemed to be good quality. The one thing I hated though, was the key lock. Sorry, but to me....that is a bad idea, just one more thing for Murphy. LTS

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/12/02 1:49:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    It's unfortunate their key lock is so obvious. Many major manufacturers have incorporated them now, just hidden away. HK's come from the factory locked, and if you dont read the manual you'll NEVER find it!

www.apaxenterprises.com
  2. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan New Member

Anything new, yet? There website is non existent.