Alert! Democrats pushing for Federal .50cal ban

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 1952Sniper, Feb 11, 2005.

1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I sent a letter (by e-mail) to GOA attaching the GovTrack.us page and noting we needed to get on it poste haste. No reply as yet.

Also wrote our Representative and my good friend and Representative from my old district in Alabama noting this bill.

Thanks for the heads up.
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Yep, I already emailed GOA as well, asking for them to issue an action alert. I'm afraid they're going to wait until the discussion on this bill picks up before getting people involved. But I want us to kill it before it ever gets any momentum.

Hopefully, this bill doesn't stand a chance anyway. The Dems try this all the time. They'll introduce gun control bills knowing that they'll fail. They only do it so they can go back later and brag to their constituents about how they've been actively working on gun control. But still, I want our Representatives to know that we're paying attention to what goes on and that as soon as we see something like this we're going to pounce on it.
  4. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Thanks for the heads-up, Sniper.
  5. offeror

offeror New Member

Well now, if they want them to be equal with machine guns, I'd be very happy to have them deregulate machine guns -- which would be far more in line with the intent of the Second Amendment.

Have Democrats bothered to consider that this restriction would be unconstitutional? Of course not.

Some day, we or our children might really NEED 50 cals -- machine guns too. Current events change things in a hurry. A liberty, once given up, can be hard to get back.
  6. stash247

stash247 New Member

The actual verbage of the bill seems to be unavailable. If a cartridge rifle of this caliber is made unavailble, how about a muzzle loader? A cartridge rifle of a caliber, yet unpublished/ even, developed? What of a SHOTGUN???
    A 12 ga shotgun is .72 cal, after all.
    Sounds like BS, smells like BS, but, keep us posted!
    Thanks in advance.
  7. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Stash247, I've provided the text of the bill below. You can look it up for yourself if you don't believe me by going to http://thomas.loc.gov/home/c109query.html and typing in "HR 654" as the bill number, then hit "search".

8. dvl

dvl New Member

I think this measure deserves our support to stem the rising tide of heinous murders and robberies committed with .50 cal sniper rifles, crimes which are reaching proportions similar to those committed with twin .50s in Sperry ball turrets.
  9. Neil

Neil New Member