Aliens and Religion .....

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by JohnHenry, Oct 3, 2011.

1. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

God definitely exists. It's the only logical explanation I can think of about the origin of the universe.
  3. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Well untill someone proves to me there are aliens and not in spirit form this is not even a concern to me.
  4. cycloneman

it is times like this that i wonder when God said I am the Lord you God you shall not have Strange or Other Gods before me. Does this mean there are other gods? If people made Idols and GOd were to tell his people not to worship idols wouldn't he have used the word idol?

Someone alot smarter than me who knows the original wording is needed.
  5. H-D

H-D Active Member

watch "ancient aliens" on history channel it gets real weird the paths they cross with (usually non jewish-christian) god's (notice the non-capitalization) and aliens its neat if you don't let yourself start believing it
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Are there other living beings out there in the heavens? Ya betcha!
  7. cycloneman

yes but are they spirit or do they take human form? No question I believe in sprits. And I do personally think that far far away there are probably more experimental life forms like ours. Do they serve the same God? Were they made by the same GOD? This is where I have questions but untill I see other human type life forms I really cant comment
  8. carver

carver Moderator

Genesis 19.
  9. H-D

H-D Active Member

the NIV version does say they were aliens.... Energy weapons could have caused the "pillar of salt" so what you're saying is that aliens destroyed sodom and gommorah because they people tried to rape them?
  10. cycloneman

No I think the angles were sent there to remove Lot and his family. The towns people wanted to have sex with them cause they were just freekiy and wanted some new people to have sex with.

God sent the sulphur and brimstone. nonono maybe i am wrong. DId not the scripute say the angles were sent to destroy S&G?
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  11. cycloneman

However this does lead me to a question about LOts daughters. OK some time later they get there father drunk and sleep with him to keep their line going. Was this OK?
  12. carver

carver Moderator

No, what I was trying to present is the fact that the Angels in Gen 19, appeared as men.
  13. carver

carver Moderator

No! Why did God destroy the Cities of Sodom and Gomorrah?
  14. cycloneman

Right OK so why did the daughters do what they did? Just because?
  15. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

The word for Gods here is the Hebrew Eloheem.

The same word is used in Exodus here:

Exodus 32:8 (KJV):
    They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

So there is not a sharp difference between Gods and Idols.

But are there really false Gods with powers?
    Well, there are certainly other spiritual being(s) with power, although lower power than the true God:

Exodus 7:11-12 (KJV);
    Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments. For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.
  16. carver

carver Moderator

Because they were afflicted with the same sin that the people of Sodom and Gomorrah were afflicted with!
  17. Juker

Juker New Member

Satan is alive and well on planet Earth, my friends. He is the father of lies, and will employ any possible means to make us doubt the one true God. I have no doubt whatsoever that people have seen ghosts and weird stuff in the sky - all tools of Satan.

"For God so loved the world that He gave his ONLY begotten Son..." - one Son, one Savior, one Earth, one human race.

As for the ancient aliens, always stated as factual on TV, I find this hilarious beyond belief. "We can't figure out how people a few thousand years ago moved these big rocks, so it must have been aliens." I'm sure that ancient peoples, if they could see us today, would think exactly the same thing. Lights? Cars? Computers? Firearms? Impossible! Must have been aliens! :D

Moving big rocks was the technology of the day, not to mention that many civilizations had unlimited slave labor.
  18. Juker

Juker New Member

As for false gods and idols, we must always remember that the Bible was recorded for all men, for all times. God knew the temptations and distractions we would face, and I submit that anything in our lives that takes precedence over worshipping Him becomes our private idol. I have had violent arguments with relatives on this issue, but placing other gods before Him encompasses a lot of things.

And without going off on a lengthy rant, this is precisely why I gave up watching professional sports several years ago.
  19. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I have never understood why scientists keep proclaiming that proof of an alien civilization will spell the end of Christianity on earth.

The God I worship is certainly capable of creating other races in other places -

And I am sure He gave them a record of their creation, just as he has done with us.
  20. cycloneman

Makes you wonder hugh? Here are 2 girls that witnessed what happened to S&G and they still chose dadddy for a booty call? As I understand it Lot was old and didn't want to move and the girls wanted to have kids. But it seems to me that devine intervention would have brought some men to them. I dont know.