Alittle help

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Vigi, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Vigi

Vigi New Member

Ok, so basicly i have a few questions for you guys. Although i like guns i don't know that much about them, apart from the rifle i was handed in the army.
    I am a writer (fiction) and doing abit of research on what can and can't be done of what i imagine.
    Basicly i was looking into the possibility of a Glock 35 with a silencer and LMS-1141LP Internal Laser Sight. using hollow points.

First of all, is this setup possible?

secondly what silencer is the best and what, if any modifications would the weapon itself have to get to support this feature?

and finally should any modifications be made to the original weapon to make it better if used for outside close-mid range combat?

Basicly looking to make the weapon a mans best friend
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome Vigi
    Everything is possible first off. Yea I'm sure that config. can be done. The barrel wiil have to be threaded to accept a silencer. Some Walthers and HK come stock with this. the guide rod laser really ain't nothin to do.
  3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Just a thought, but if I was writing I would look into homemade silencers and have our guy build one himself.

Crpdeth
  4. Vigi

Vigi New Member

The character doesn't have nearly enough technical skill to start building one himself :) looking to get it all fairly easy (without compromising the effectiveness of the weapon)

So you think i'd be better to start off with a HK MK 23 instead of the Glock 35? the MK23 comes stock with the thread to accept a silencer. Would the hassle of getting it custom fitted on the glock make it worth the extra cash for the HK?
  5. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

The HK MK23 SOCOM is ready to go for a hush puppie. However, its big - really big with the can installed. Is your character carrying concealed? If so, you'll need to work up a carry method for this particular piece. In terms of cost effectiveness, I'd say go for the HK unless you want part of the story to be the guy having the mods done to the Glock. For the silencer itself, check out Advanced Armament on the web, they are a silencer manufacturer in Georgia and their site gives lots on info regarding performance as well as how to leagaly aquire such a device. All this info might be helpful to you as a writer.
  6. Vigi

Vigi New Member

No the weapon isn't concealed, so the size shouldn't be a problem :)
    I'll check the Advanced Armament out. I need all the info i can get :)
    Thanks.
  7. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

I'm not sure why your character wants to ¨conceal¨the noise and not the gun. Is he a SpecOp guy?(You don't have to answer if you don't want to reveal that much about him).
  8. Vigi

Vigi New Member

He is not Spec Ops no, but the gun's role the same to some extend.
    Instead of being a defensive weapon this gun is going to be an offensive weapon.
    The silencer is because it will be used in urban/city areas and attention is really not wanted.

It's not to warn or scare off attackers, it's to either kill or badly wound them.

so what would the optimal ammo be for this gun to serve the purpose? thinking about weight etc
  9. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Take a look at what the US SpecOps teams are carrying. There is only one pistol listed as an "offensive weapon" by the US Military. It's an HK USP with silencer in .45 ACP. 230gr. FMJ
  10. Vigi

Vigi New Member

The MK23 Mod 0 was built as an "offensive" handgun for U.S. special operations forces under USSOCOM.

Think i'll stick with the MK23, also because the look is perfect and very useable for symbolic value ;)
  11. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

If your wantin to make the book sound realistic as far as firearm's. A silencer is a class 3 item with paperwork and months of waitin and background check's. By the way somethin else to keep in mind is a "SILENCER" does NOT silence a shot it suppreses a shot so it is still as loud as a .22. Which is why most pro's use .22 and .25
  12. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

You're right. Not the USP, but the Mk23. Has a "look" that might help in the storyline, as well as all the specs you're looking for.
  13. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

Same as above.