Alkartasuna 32 Q's and Chinese Type 53 Q's

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by JEConlon, Jul 1, 2007.

1. JEConlon

JEConlon New Member

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I had a few questions and would be grateful if anyone out there could help. First, I recently got an Alkartasuna 32 and I was wondering how the quality of these compares to other makers making that "Ruby" style during WWI. Also I was wondering if anyone knew what year it would have been produced (SN 78334).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also I have this Type 53 on hold at a local store. They say it's a Chinese Nagant, but from what I could find I guess it's called a Type 53, is that right?. It is stamped '1954' above SN, am I right to assume that's 1954 production? Also, I couldn't find it on the C&R list (so I hope this is the right place to ask about it), but maybe I missed it. Is it on there, or should I write in for a ruling? Thanks for any help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Yeah, it's a shame, but Chinese Type 53s are NOT C&R....when I had one and sold it on gunbroker an listed it as CR that was pointed out to me by PLENTY of people, but luckily I got it changed in the listing and the guy who bought it (for a FAIR price, BTW) had a "Real" FFL so no harm/no foul.

I never quite figured that out, since they ARE "Bolt Action Military" and there is a catch all on the list for that...I THINK but am not sure that it has something to do with the Clinton ban on all surplus firearm imports from China in the 90s....

They are for all intents and purposes straight Chinese copies of post war Russian M44s, and should be stamped either as arsenal "26" or arsenal "226" somewhere on the reciever.

They are usually decent shooters too, mine was...
  3. JEConlon

JEConlon New Member

yea, i thought it SHOULD be, military bolt action and 50+ yrs old. but i guess things don't get put on the list because they SHOULD be :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply!