"All-American Muslim" Stars Busted for Marijuana Possession at Canadian Border

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Jan 19, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Yes, two cast members of TLC's "All-American Muslim" were busted while crossing the Canadian border. The border officer caught the pair with nine grams of "the chronic" (a.k.a. "cannabis," "giggle weed," "ganja," "dope," "wacky tobacky," "grass," "indo," "the herb," "Mary Jane," etc.).

Wow. If this was another desperate attempt to show us that Muslims really are "just like everyone else" . . . Genius!

Apparently, it is notoriously easy to get a "medical marijuana" card in Michigan. However, can anyone who watched "All-American Muslim" point to anyone on the show who displayed any symptoms that would require a sack of pot for a short trip to Canada?

Kind of boring to even report this. But it's more interesting than anything that ever happened on the show.

DETROIT FREE PRESS--

Two reality TV stars from TLC’s “All-American Muslim” show found some real life drama at the Ambassador Bridge recently: Authorities said they were caught with pot at the border.

It happened on New Year’s Day, according to Ron Smith, spokesman for Customs and Border Protection in Detroit.

Smith told the Free Press today that two cast members of the TLC reality show were caught with 9 grams of marijuana in the trunk while trying to cross into the U.S. from Windsor. The cast members – a man and a woman -- were not named by authorities. One of them, Smith said, had a medical marijuana card, although federal law does not recognize the card.

TLC declined to comment.

According to Smith, the two travelers had to pay a $500 civil fine for failing to declare the bag of weed to border agents.

He explained how it all went down:

At the first checkpoint after crossing the bridge, an officer decided to pull the two passengers over for inspection after asking them a series of routine questions. The officer, Smith noted, did not recognize the travelers from the TV show.

“Some officers will look in a lot of trunks. This officer picked their trunk to look in,” Smith said.

But inside the inspection area, Smith said, some officers and bystanders recognized the pair from the show. During the inspection, an officer checked the trunk and found a weed-like substance in a small bag – enough to roll about 10 joints.

The travelers were released because, as Smith explained, nine grams of marijuana doesn’t warrant prosecution.

“This wasn’t a criminal matter, it was a civil matter,” Smith said, adding. “It’s very hard to get someone to prosecute for something that small.” (Source)

This just in: TLC may be changing the station's name to THC. But isn't that "The History Channel"?

BTW, can anyone imagine a Muslim version of Cheech and Chong?

--------------------------------------------------------------

from the RCMP files

39,813 folks have been charged with marijuana possesion at the border with

16,455 haveing less than 9 grams of pot

all where charged with the exception of a 18 year old mentally ill girl who was used as a mule as she crossed the border to attend a special needs school on a daily basis

the person who used her as a mule got 11 and 13 years gaol respectively

so when its a muslim TV star , its not worth the effort , but anyone else

they nail them , no exceptions unless proven to be 100% innocent ( like the young lady who was used as a mule )
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  2. gad1111

gad1111 Member

I thought stuff like pot was against Muslim law
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

Hopefully their fellow muzzies will give 'em a good caning for putting a bad mark on the religion of peace.
  4. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nah, at the most they'll just get a few hits. :rolleyes:
  5. H-D

H-D Active Member

:lmao2:
  6. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Moohamed forbade alcohol, but allows grass.

Interesting.

Raven - LOL!!
  7. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

It's been many many years since I had anything to do with reefer, but 9 grams? That's about a third of an ounce. Five or six joints? Big whoopie.
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

last time i had anything to do with pot a single gram mixed with tobaccy made 3 joints

x 9 ... but it was legal here until someone went nutzo screaming about the children

kids where more interested in the stuff they could not have , like cigarettes and booze ( both , you had to be 18 to by them then )

as soon as they outlawed pot , every teen in the place became a stoner over night

oh and the price went from $20 a ounce to $200
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  9. raven818

I watched Reefer Madness a few times, maybe 30. And I know it will lead to worse habits..crazy dancing, drooling, making a face like the Joker, tripping over rugs.

Yeah, I've seen it all. Not very pretty.

$200.00? No stems-no seeds that you don't need......I guess.
  10. obxned

obxned New Member

A pot bust is about the only 'normal' thing about there jokers.
  11. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Just wait until they legalize it here....The government gets to regulate it and mandate how it can be sold to the public...

Right off the bat the first thing they will do with legalized marijuiana is slap a huge TAX on it....yeah...the states want some of that too...so they gonna add their tax to the joint...I can see another 50,000 or so ATF enforcement and state regulatory civil servants hired to make sure the government gets all their tax money and regulations are followed down to the gleanings...They prob going to have State Marijuiana Outlet Stores...another state and federal license fee to be paid....and the employees who sell the stuff going to have to have a background check and id card....

Gummit will sell growers license to those who qualify under the USDA guidelines for growing, harvesting and storage of weed crops...Need more inspectors for that also ....Course then they will need to certify each 'organically grown' crop as being free of pesticides, fertilizers and other enviromentally dangerous substances... The growers will all qualify for Agricultural subsidies from the USDA to make sure no grower loses his farm in case of a dramatic crop failure or huge surplus that will cause the price of MJ to drop..... too much supply into the demand/supply network, they will even pay the growers NOT to grow any marijuiana this year...High Tarrifs will be imposed on all imported weed to protect the American farmer...

The FDA gets into the act and need a big increase its budget in order to test the grass for human suitability and certify each baggie as 100% cannibis that has been tested to contain exact amounts of TCP...no more, no less...Count the number of rodent hairs, insect parts and dirt per gram...gotta pass their test or no certification...And of course, there must be a WARNING label on each bag regarding the hazards of smoking and that of second hand weed smoke.....Each baggie will need to be packaged in a government mandated child and tamper proof container...

Then there is transport...The Dept of Transportation will regulate shipments of whacky tabaccy in inter-state commerce.....Inspect each and every load to make sure it is properly packed and boxed and has a US TAX stamp on each baggie...

Unions will insist that only Teamsters be licensed and contracted to transport the gajie...anyone caught bootlegging without teamsters behind the wheel will get paid a visit by "Vito and Tony"...

Now ya got the farmers...or growers...to make money they going to have to grow vast acerage of weed...Security patrols, cameras and sensors will be regulated into law by the government requiring the grower to protect his crop from theft and illegal under-age consumption...They will need to hire the illegal immigrants by the zillion just to harvest the crop...The State Departmenmt will have the IRS will give tax breaks to those growers using 'human harvesting methods' and audit those who use mechanical harvesters...Better relations with Mexico, ya know..

After all is considered, the legal weed will prob cost around $1500 a gram, plus tax of course....The illegal weed will still be about $10 a baggie...:D Now that solves everything doesnt it...
  12. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Ten dollars a bag? You living in the fifties?

In the seventies it was thirty five to forty. I hear, nowadays, they talk about buying a quarter-ounce, instead of an ounce, and pay a hundred or more.

Ten dollars a bag???
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

when it was "legal" ( decriminalised is the correct term) personal use , growing ( 5 plants) was not a bust , smoking on the street ( a complaint made and police could complain too ) was a fine , no court if you paid it ( $35 i think ) , driving under the influence would loss you your licence for 6-12 months , 4-5th time they gaol you for a year or 2 .. work camp!

big growing selling etc was HUGE BUSTS , 10 years for 20 plants , more than a ounce dried , maybe 5 years

then they made it illegal

now folks get 2 years gaol for a joint while big dealers walk with fines

they go hard on the importation , but the big boys never get got

now look at the drug wars here between the islamics

they took over from the asians and now fight it out amongst themselves

mainly sunni v Shia too ;)
  14. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Tongue in cheek, Alpo..:)....I dont have a clue what a baggie goes for today...:rolleyes:
  15. raven818

They are the ones getting their buyers busted.

You come to me for a hundred pounds. You want me to front it to you ( we'll call it a hundred K ).

Hmmm, you seem okay to me. I front you 100 elbows, after you leave, I call the " right "cops. Your busted.

You make bond, still owe me a 100k. Soooo, you come right back to me, I give you another 100lbs, and off you go. Owing me $200,000.

Dirty job, but somebody has to do it.