ALL EYES AND EARS TO PITTSBURG !

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Haligan, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Michael G

Michael G New Member

As far as I'm concerned, they had the right to protest in a lawful manner. Was what they were doing lawful? Don't know. Do I agree with greenpeace? NO. But I do see a trend forming against any one or group that speaks out against the government and I don't like it.
  2. dge479

dge479 New Member

Agreed
  3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I agree. The march on Washington is a good example of what you are referring to. I only hope it will be the start of a change in our elected officials to ones that truly represent us. What we really need are term limits. I don't believe the founding fathers evisioned "professional politicans". They worried of a president becoming king which is why Washington set the precedent of two terms. I share his worry now when I see children led to chanting his praise in school.
  4. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

The point everyone is missing is these G 20 protesters never hold a peaceful demonstration. They show up at whatever city is hosting the meeting for the year with the intention of rioting, period. The leaders of the group are all hardcore anarchists that laugh at the thought of a peaceful demonstration. Comparing them to the resent march in Washington is like comparing Martin Luther King to the Watts riots in the 60's. If it was being held in my town I'd want the National Guard there!
  5. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I heard that the protesters were throwing rocks at police officers. If this is so it is a criminal act and I would expect the police to respond accordingly. As far as National Guard troops being used to aid police there has been precedent for using the Guard to up hold the peace in these types of demonstrations. Not all police departments have the necessary manpower or equipment to handle large demonstrations.
  6. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I remember in 1967 taking riot training when I was at Fort Dix in an 11B10 MOS. The cadre told us the reason we were receiving the training was were all they had on the east coast to combat rioters. I was a reservists and when I got back to my unit we trained as well. In both cases we were Federal not state.

db:

I wasn't making a comparison but rather using the Washington protest as an example of constitutional protest. The link I posted earlier on the G20 protestors clearly shows they were/are over the top.
  7. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

I took your comment as addressing the need to be careful about not repressing legitimate protest. I meant to expand on the contrast, not to imply that you (or anyone) was putting them in the same category. My phrasing could have been clearer. :eek: :D
  8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I don't care what someone is protesting or rallying in favor of, as long as they do it peacefully. When they become violent, then there is a problem.
  9. Slowrid-Der

Slowrid-Der New Member

Luke Rudkowski of Wearechange. He had to make them think twice about what they were doing. Maybe not but I would have rethought my occupation at that point.

This is a good video in my opinion of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akwjAjcQnqM
  10. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

I can't help but wonder, did this guy, Luke Rudowski on the bullhorn, get through to any of these police.
    I'd like to think that mabe he made them think alittle.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  11. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

My opine:

They have the right to "peacefully assemble" and protest. They do not have the right to: Block streets by parading without a permit thereby disrupting the free movement of free people and infringe upon their rights; throw potentially lethal projectiles at officers wherein the use of deadly force should be justified; They do not have the right to remain and create anarchy once the illegal assembly has been called and they remain and continue to ram police with rolling dumpsters, throw projectiles and join in acts of vandalism.

The use of the National Guard (a state military agency) is being utilized at the direction of the local police forces.

We don't we see these antics at the Tea Parties, Town Halls, etc... by respectful citizens but these acts of the violent left activists are to be accepted? :confused: Why is it that we are to accept these actions from these turds who are prepared to engage in these acts by showing up with full balaclavas, goggles, gloves, raincoats, and respirators to attempt to defeat the crowd control measures within that ILLEGAL ASSEMBLY?
  12. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Amen to that. Usually it's the lefties that are violent and out of control, while accusing us of doing what they do !