All Glock Owners Please Help.....

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by armedandready, Feb 11, 2005.

1. armedandready

armedandready New Member

I recently purchased a Glock 26. I just ordered the grip extension for my magazines but I cant even figure out how to get the bottom off of the magazines. Does anyone have any clue how to get it off?

thanks in advance for any and all responses.
  2. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

In the center of the floor plate there is a round button. Take a punch, push in the button and slide the base plate off to the front. Be sure to catch all the parts that fly out under spring pressure.
  3. armedandready

armedandready New Member

Thanks.

When you say take a punch what do you mean. What is a punch?

I was using a pen to push the button down but I cant get the base to move at all.
  4. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

A metal punch that is a bit smaller than the button. I screwed up and forgot to include that you need to put pressure on the sides of the mag just below the base, releiving some pressure on the base. A smaller than the button punch, or a peice of wodden dowel, will allow you to start the base moving forward. Once the button is past the hole it locks into the base should be able to be take off the mag body. Most glock mags are hard to remove the base the first time. I have a new G36 and have been unable, so far, to remove the base. Seems I don't have enough hands.
  5. armedandready

armedandready New Member

I give up. Thanks for the help but I cant get this thing to budge. :mad: