All hope is gone

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by bluesea112, Nov 7, 2012.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

had a nice chat with an 80 yo gentleman today.served in ww2, korea. lifetime nra member. was so distraught over the place this country has become that he's given up hope. the government has basically taken his pension, his 76 yo wife had to take a job to make ends meet, and his kid's an air traffic controller making 160k a year and whining how he has to pay into social security which benefits his dad. said he was going to apply for every freebie the government is giving out, and going to ride out what time he has left on their dime. as we talked, I explained this is a setback, not a loss, and we have to keep fighting back, much as he did in two conflicts. he started to come back around, made a few choice comments on his son's future, and after giving me the old pry it from my cold dead hands speech, showed me the glock he carries in between the seats of his truck. I think we both walked away in a better frame of mind, kind of like in when in AA, they say to talk to an alcoholic a day to keep yourself sober, I'll talk to a conservative a day to keep my fires burning inside and not give up and roll over.
  2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't get that George Bush bashing. He may not have been our best president but at least I liked him. I was proud to have him represent me to the world.
  3. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

You guys are just too old to change with the times. I watched 3 TV shows last evening, each one had a main theme that involved gay or lesbian situations. Modern Family, Glee and 2 and a half men. This is an indicator as to how low our once proud Republic has sunk. The liberals have re-defined the Constitution to fit their agenda and now they are re-defining the Bible and that inconvenient one-man and one- woman thing. Add up the liberals, the minorities, the illegals and the gay cabeleros and it spells Obama wins and the God fearing, hard working, tax-payers lose.
    Permissive, liberal educational brain washing, Godless, self-serving over-indulgent entitlement and open boarders will insure things aren't likely to change in the foreseeable future. Old-age does have it's benefits.
  4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

:banghead:Dang, I am sooo bummed. I did not see this thread while it was in action. Ya, this dude was a liberal freak from the get go. Dang, my head must have been in the clouds when you guys took the glove off.

Good job in getting rid of scum like him, and his shadow snagglepuss. This forum is the best.