ALL MARINES

Discussion in 'VMBB Find Your Nam Friends' started by CAMPBELL49T, Apr 12, 2009.

1. CAMPBELL49T

CAMPBELL49T New Member

MARINES OF ALL WARS OR STATE SIDE DUTY CAN GO TO...

TOGETHERWESERVED.COM
  2. czndvet

czndvet New Member

I started to register on their website but they wanted a little more information than I was willing to give out. I err on the side of paranoia sometimes.
  3. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    Greetings Alabama...If I've welcomed you already make this one a Happy New Year...visit with us about the normal things...what do you do and where are you at there in the south....Chief
  4. czndvet

czndvet New Member

Hello, Rooter...
    See you were in the SeaBees...Thanks for the welcome. A friend of mine was a SeaBee in Vietnam, name of Webb Sargent.
    Only dealings I ever had with y'all was at Paige Field on Parris Island in 1964. Y'all were supposed to set up all the squad tents for the squadron. What happened was, they set up enough for themselves and disappeared for the duration.
    Looking back, that was a pretty smart move.

Thanks again for the welcome.
  5. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    Alabama, I've sure helped set up my share of squad tents...I think the worst part is to get them spread out and warmed up to get rid of the wrinkles...if it's very hot like it was in the Philippines in 52, that creosote smell that comes off them can sure give you a rash...it was during the rainy season and driving the stakes into the wet ground was kind of futile...they'd pull right out when you'd tighten the ropes...had the carpenter shop saw and sharpen longer stakes and that worked....damn, that was a rough life...no mosquito nets, no lockers for your gear...seabag was the only place to stash your gear for the time being...later the troops would steal or craft wooden crates for their personal stowing...Chief