1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

All Ruger No. 1

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

Lars
    (4/28/02 5:00:24 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Ruger No. 1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm considering buying a Ruger No. 1 chamberd for 375 H&H Magnum or one of the more powerfull cartridges. Has anyone got any experience with this rifle regarding precision, function and durability? Should I consider other brands?

ldsteff
    (4/28/02 12:37:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Ruger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have 6 Ruger firearms my Mk-1 I have owned since 1966 and I think it was bought in 1956
    I have never had a problem with a Ruger.Never owned any large caliber Ruger rifles but I can't imagine their workmenship would be any different in the .375 as it is in a Mk-1 .22..A really great American company!!

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/28/02 12:40:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Ruger
    The Ruger #1 is one of the best single-shot rifles ever built. Definitely one of the classiest.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

thomasray
    (6/18/02 8:51:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ruger no 1
    I have a 375 h n h in a Ruger # 1. It is a fine piece but kicks like Festus's mule. Also the scope rings seat at extreme left so I never have been able to set a scope on it. So it is shot on the forth of July. Regards TWR

Gordon
    (9/16/02 2:22:33 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Ruger #1, .375 H&H
    The Ruger #1, is accurate, well built, has good fit and finish, and in .375 H&H, will shoot right along side any rifle chambered in the same caliber. Consider a good recoild pad be iistalled.
    Presently I have a Ruger #1, .375 H&H, as well as an Encore. I had my Model 70 Stainless rebarreled to a larger caliber, but it shot MOA as well.
    The .375 seems quite versitile with bullets from 235 grains on up.
    If you are interested in more information, please contact me at, dempsey@ptialaska.net