The Firearms Forum banner

All SA/DA metal framed hammer fired pistols

13K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  gdmoody 
#1 ·
help me with a list of what is available today with current production

I have been eyeing a new handgun, but decided I wanted an all metal, SA/DA hammer fired gun and have been looking at the CZ line and like it but I don't know just yet, so I have been trying to figure out who makes what out there in a full size (as close to 5" or more barrel) combat pistol in 9mm

I know that Beretta still has there 92 series, Sig or course, but who else produces these today.
I don't think H&K does or FNH either

#7 ·
db, you won't go wrong with any that you listed but the best bang for your buck will be the CZ line. Many upgrade parts out there also to hotrod it to your hearts content.

#9 ·
I hear you for sure. It just if I wanted a stainless gun, the CZ is about the same price as the Beretta.

I will own a CZ at some point, maybe I would start out with a plain 75 first. I am intrigued by how low the slide sits in the frame, I figure that makes the gun pretty stable and accurate.

#12 · (Edited)
Just for the sake of having a list, here's some others that I found:

Tristar S120 (steel) and L120 (alloy) 4.7" DA/SA CZ Clones
EAA Witness 4.5" DA/SA CZ Clone
Sig P226 Extreme 4.4" DA/SA
Taurus PT-92 5" DA/SA Beretta 92 Clone
Century Arms CZ999 4.25" DA/SA
Tisas Zigana F 4.5" DA/SA
Tisas Zigana M16 5" DA/SA
Arcus 98 DA 4.7" DA/SA

#13 ·
The all metal guns that you won't ever be sorry you bought are the SIG and the CZ 75B or the CZ 97 (45ACP). Of course most all of the 1911 clones are all metal.

I have a couple Sigs (P220..45ACP, P225...9mm), a CZ75B...40S&W, a CZ97...45ACP. I had a Tangfoglio CZ75 clone (TZ75) back in the 1980 and it was junk. It broke the slide and I could not get parts. I also have a EAA Witness in 45ACP and mine is a good gun but others here have reported that it is the luck of the draw (also made by Tangfoglio). I have a Colt 1911 (Delta Elite 10mm) and a Rock Island Armory 1911 in 45ACP. The Colt of course is excellent. I bought the RRA 1911 for the frame to use with a 22LR conversion upper (Marvel Unit #1) but tricked out the frame and 45ACP upper with match parts. The RAA my son-in-law has in stock form is good but I did have to adjust the extractor tension.

The most gun for the least money has to be the CZ75B. The trigger is not a match trigger but a tactical one (extra safe) . There are parts to make the trigger better but its design limits it somewhat. For tactical use the trigger is fine right out of the box.

Both 1911's have had drop in parts added to make the guns more accurate and have better triggers. The Sigs are box stock and need nothing. They are the best of the lot but a lot more expensive.

Congratulations on your search for a good all metal gun. Plastic gun suck because they are not forever. Nothing plastic last forever with the same strength that it had when manufactured. I will not own a plastic gun!

LDBennett

#14 ·
I would contribute to the list, but I have to say, if you get a CZ you won't be disappointed. I thought they were just ugly and heavy generic guns UNTIL I fired the CZ75 9mm. That in my opinion out-does the 92F in performance and the Sig in price. I had so much fun shooting that pistol! Rapid fire or just plain plinking it was dead on and a real pleasure to shoot.

#16 ·
I've become a real CZ fanboy. I own a 75B 9mm, 75B .40 with a nickel finish, 75 SP-01 phantom 9mm, and a 97B .45 ACP. If I can find one for a decent price I'll buy a CZ 75B in polished stainless. The 75 SP-01 Phantom may be a polymer pistol, but it is more accurate than my all steel 75B and it holds 18 rounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.