All you fellas who helped with my ATV decision...

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Crpdeth, Mar 20, 2004.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Ole LTS's engineering feat! Our firing range!

Attached Files:

2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Beau still lookin fer dat wood ratski!

Attached Files:

3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Alas, the river is quiet after gettin ole LTS!

Attached Files:

• sr.jpg
      sr.jpg
      File size:
      133 KB
      Views:
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Remember that fire? Here's ole LTS's truck!

Attached Files:

5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Nice pics Plano! I enjoied them very much, I'm still looking for all them mud washes LTS was bragging about though...Then I suppose perception is an individual thing :D Good looking truck too Plano, she 4 wheel drive? I cant tell. I think thats LTS Tracker right? I know It'd be 4 wheels a pulling, and light on her feet ta' boot.

Good fun Guys, Good fun.

~Crp

Troy in his old Bronco.

Attached Files:

6. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

You need to go back and look at ole LTS's boots pic. Pure Texas gumbo! The truck is also sitting on stuff like that, but is covered by leaves and water.

Truck is a Silverado 2500HD. No 4 wheel drive, but eaton locker rear. Still no good in gumbo though.

We tried pullin with that there rice burnin 4 wheeler, but it's no match for a 6,000 lb truck! Note the size difference!

Attached Files:

7. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

very nice pics ,and nice looking cabin

lts i had a pair of them boots before {stuck just like that}
    had to had some wood throw out to be so i could get out
  8. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Heh Heh, You drive that full size truck over where LTS lost his boots and it will disappear from sight. :D I know what ya mean concerning the looks of the leaf covered muck, Bro (just messing with LTS)...unused, grassy, and leaf covered areas can be very deceptive, pulling that long (18ft?) trailer didn't help you keep momentum up either did it..... I'd probabally try to truck all my gear in on the ATV's If I didn't have the 4WD truck, even then I've seen sandy land so slick that I'd just as soon have the ATV's for hauling, as opposed to even the 4WD truck.

~Crp
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2004
  9. stash247

stash247 New Member

Sometimes, shanks mares are the venue du jour.
    Much as I hate to walk, it's better when you choose to, than when you have to.
    My place in Hondo, Tx gets like that, once in a while, and I park on the county road, and walk in, so's not to have to start the tractor. Makes a lot less mess, that way.
  10. shooter22

shooter22 Guest

crp, ya had to get the Honda, didn't ya. Oh well, it is a good second and I know LTS would not steer ya wrong. I still like the polaris, and am beginning toi like the honda;'s and Artic cats some. I sure would like to get an atv group together and go to Chadwick here in MO. Over 115 miles of forested trails in southern Mo state park.

Plano, just two words, Mud tires! ;)

The camp and other pics are a dream place I wish I had.
  11. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

Shooter, It most cases mud tires will help. But the mud IPT was in his street tires saved him. They didn't dig. in that mud digging is the last thing you want cause it'll drop him to the frame in a blink of an eye with no ruts cut thats trouble. If i had pics on my mud pull last year in my 78 you'd see. when we busted the tow strap yankin my friend out we thought we was on stable enough ground to just pull him out when we hooked the chain up. let the clutch out in granny 1st 4lo the tires barely turned sinking it a bit, but just enough as we retracked the ground was ready to give way one tire spin later my 33's was down truck on frame w/out ruts to move in. a week later 100yrds of chain and 2 F350 duallys settin on pavement to move me. That soggy never dry stuff is unforgiving.
  12. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

True that...In the area we do most of our hunting, there are a few families living up from us in mobile homes, and they all walk at the mention of rain, but they dont have a tractor if they get stuck, their just stuck.

Shooter: I didn't have anything against the Polaris, but I just didnt want a belt drive, and I wanted a work horse, I dont think their is a perfect quad out there, but I think I made the best choice for my application, after lots of research...You may already know that I did go ahead and buy an Artic Cat as well, just because it was such a good deal...I really like it for comfort, but it's not near the hoss as the Honda.

Maybe some A/T's at least.

~Crp
  13. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Naw, don`t worry he knows what he got...lmao, a big repair bill on tires.

Hey, speakin of pullairus.....jst dropped anuther 850.00, new crank, starter/selnoid and ops....back to the shop---cause it still won`t start every time....and yankin that "well" located pull rope on a 500 one lunger.........is FUN-------------NOT

LTS
  14. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Nice looking 4 wheeler!!!

I have a 600 Yamaha Grizzly, looks like ya have some nice ridin down there!!!

Check out our club at atvtraction.org sometime!! Were trying to develop a large trail system here in Pa!!
  15. IShootBack

IShootBack Active Member

Great pics. Looks like a great home away from home.
  16. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Welp, the Polaris Sportsman 500 is history!!! The frontend let go(4wd) so it is now a 2wd and GONE! Left moments ago, managed to get $1500 and it was worth about half that. In it`s ten years of service---it spent at least a year of that in the shop. This last repair estimate $600.00......just not worth it. Also in it`s ten years of service.....the repairs totaled more than it`s original cost. Simply the worst 4wheeler experience EVER!

At the time we needed a big one and that was the only one, it will now rate as the only one again------The only one we will NEVER look at again---EVER!!!

LTS
  17. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

What were you doing? Giving Bear a ride on the handlebars? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D