1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

All you fellas who helped with my ATV decision...

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Crpdeth, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

Shooter, It most cases mud tires will help. But the mud IPT was in his street tires saved him. They didn't dig. in that mud digging is the last thing you want cause it'll drop him to the frame in a blink of an eye with no ruts cut thats trouble. If i had pics on my mud pull last year in my 78 you'd see. when we busted the tow strap yankin my friend out we thought we was on stable enough ground to just pull him out when we hooked the chain up. let the clutch out in granny 1st 4lo the tires barely turned sinking it a bit, but just enough as we retracked the ground was ready to give way one tire spin later my 33's was down truck on frame w/out ruts to move in. a week later 100yrds of chain and 2 F350 duallys settin on pavement to move me. That soggy never dry stuff is unforgiving.
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

True that...In the area we do most of our hunting, there are a few families living up from us in mobile homes, and they all walk at the mention of rain, but they dont have a tractor if they get stuck, their just stuck.

Shooter: I didn't have anything against the Polaris, but I just didnt want a belt drive, and I wanted a work horse, I dont think their is a perfect quad out there, but I think I made the best choice for my application, after lots of research...You may already know that I did go ahead and buy an Artic Cat as well, just because it was such a good deal...I really like it for comfort, but it's not near the hoss as the Honda.

Maybe some A/T's at least.

~Crp
  3. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Naw, don`t worry he knows what he got...lmao, a big repair bill on tires.

Hey, speakin of pullairus.....jst dropped anuther 850.00, new crank, starter/selnoid and ops....back to the shop---cause it still won`t start every time....and yankin that "well" located pull rope on a 500 one lunger.........is FUN-------------NOT

LTS
  4. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Nice looking 4 wheeler!!!

I have a 600 Yamaha Grizzly, looks like ya have some nice ridin down there!!!

Check out our club at atvtraction.org sometime!! Were trying to develop a large trail system here in Pa!!
  5. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Great pics. Looks like a great home away from home.
  6. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Welp, the Polaris Sportsman 500 is history!!! The frontend let go(4wd) so it is now a 2wd and GONE! Left moments ago, managed to get $1500 and it was worth about half that. In it`s ten years of service---it spent at least a year of that in the shop. This last repair estimate $600.00......just not worth it. Also in it`s ten years of service.....the repairs totaled more than it`s original cost. Simply the worst 4wheeler experience EVER!

At the time we needed a big one and that was the only one, it will now rate as the only one again------The only one we will NEVER look at again---EVER!!!

LTS
  7. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

What were you doing? Giving Bear a ride on the handlebars? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D