Allen West on OBomba and Israel.

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Marlin T, May 23, 2011.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Politics Allen West on Obama Backing Palestinian Demand: ‘Could Be the Beginning of the End’ for Israel

Tea Party Rep. Allen West has just issued a response to Obama‘s announcement that he backs the Palestinians’ demand that Israel redraw its borders to where they were in 1967. Not only did he call the move the “most egregious foreign policy decision” the administration has made, but he also feared this “could be the beginning of the end as we know it for the Jewish state.”
    “The pre-1967 borders endorsed by President Obama would deny millions of the world’s Jews access to their holiest site and force Israel to return the strategically important Golan Heights to Syria, a known state-sponsor of terrorism,” West said in an e-mail.
    “Resorting to the pre-1967 borders would mean a full withdrawal by the Israelis from the West Bank and the Jewish neighborhoods of East Jerusalem. Make no mistake, there has always been a Nation of Israel and Jerusalem has been and must always be recognized as its rightful capital.”
    He concluded with some harsh criticisms: “President Obama has not stood for Israel or the Jewish people and has made it clear where the United States will stand when Palestine attempts to gain recognition of statehood by the United Nations. The President should focus on the real obstacle to security- the Palestinian leadership and its ultimate goal to eliminate Israel and the Jewish people.”
    West has been an outspoken supporter of Israel in the past. Back in January he delivered a speech at the Americans Against Hate Pro-Israel Conference in Fort Lauderdale, FL:
    West wasn’t the only one to respond with harsh criticism. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called the 1967 lines “indefensible.”

Read West’s full statement below:
    (WASHINGTON) — Congressman Allen West (FL-22) released this statement today:
    “Today’s endorsement by President Barack Obama of the creation of a Hamas-led Palestinian state based on the pre-1967 borders, signals the most egregious foreign policy decision his administration has made to date, and could be the beginning of the end as we know it for the Jewish state.
    From the moment the modern day state of Israel declared statehood in 1948, to the end of the 1967 Six Day War, Jews were forbidden access to their holiest site, the Western Wall in Jerusalem’s Old City, controlled by Jordan’s Arab army.
    The pre-1967 borders endorsed by President Obama would deny millions of the world’s Jews access to their holiest site and force Israel to return the strategically important Golan Heights to Syria, a known state-sponsor of terrorism.
    Resorting to the pre-1967 borders would mean a full withdrawal by the Israelis from the West Bank and the Jewish neighborhoods of East Jerusalem. Make no mistake, there has always been a Nation of Israel and Jerusalem has been and must always be recognized as its rightful capital.
    In short, the Hamas-run Palestinian state envisioned by President Obama would be devastating to Israel and the world’s 13.3 million Jews. It would be a Pavlovian style reward to a declared Islamic terrorist organization, and an unacceptable policy initiative.
    America should never negotiate with the Palestinian Authority- which has aligned itself with Hamas. Palestine is a region, not a people or a modern state. Based upon Roman Emperor Hadrian’s declaration in 73 AD, the original Palestinian people are the Jewish people.
    It’s time for the American people to stand by our strongest ally, the Jewish State of Israel, and reject this foreign policy blunder of epic proportions.
    While the winds of democracy may blow strong in the Middle East, history has demonstrated that gaps in leadership can lead to despotic regimes. I have questions for President Obama: ‘Who will now lead in Egypt?‘ and ’Why should American taxpayers provide foreign aid to a nation where the next chapter in their history may be the emergence of another radical Islamic state?’
    President Obama has not stood for Israel or the Jewish people and has made it clear where the United States will stand when Palestine attempts to gain recognition of statehood by the United Nations. The President should focus on the real obstacle to security- the Palestinian leadership and its ultimate goal to eliminate Israel and the Jewish people.”
    (H/T: Gail)
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Oh how I wish this man would run in 2012.:(
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I am with ya. I am hoping he changes his mind...
  4. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I'm with ya both on that.
  5. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

+1;)
  6. Python

Python Former Guest

Every time our government attempts to compromise with the Arabs concerning Israel or dividing Jerusalem, some disaster strikes our nation. For instance, the tornado's and flooding of late when Obama was pressuring the EU & the UN to give to the Palestinian's half of Jerusalem for a state to be recognized by the international community by September 2011. Now the most recent tornado to hit Joplin Missouri only days after he recommended Israel retreat to it's pre- 1967 borders. Interesting? There's much more. Check out Bill Koenig's book, "Eye To Eye-Facing The Consequences of Dividing Israel". God has said that He would make Jerusalem a cup of trembling/burdensome stone to all nations in the End Times, and that those who burden themselves with Jerusalem (divide the city), He (God) will break/smash them into pieces. Unless Obama reverses his stance, I firmly believe that our nation's doom is sealed.
  7. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

I've always had the idea that one day the United States will, officially, in pursuit of some political expediency, turn our back on Israel. Financially, militarily, politically...we'll tell them the deal's off. We will turn our back on Israel, and in turn God will turn his back on the U.S. And if you think things are headed for a cliff now...
  8. Python

Python Former Guest

It's been said that if God doesn't judge America, He will have to apologize for Sodom & Gomorrah. I'm with you, as soon as America turns it's back on Israel it's all over. There's a good reason that a nation of such worldly power and influence as America isn't even mentioned in End Times prophecy. The Bible says that Israel will stand ALONE. We'll soon find out.
  9. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

If West won't run for Prez. .... He'd make a great Sec. of State !
  10. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have listened to quite a bit of west and I am sure he would be a good fit. It would also shut down the race baiters that scream racism at every turn. This guy is a patriot and if he decides to run, I am with him.
  11. Juker

Juker New Member

If West runs, he will have my unwavering support at every level.

Anyone who thinks BHO harbors any Christian faith or sentiment should be able to see things clearly now. For him to take such an anti-Israel position is proof positive that he hasn't a clue about our relationship with and responsibility to Israel. But what do we really expect from a completely inexperienced, popstar wannabe, "citizen of the world", talk show prez?

And who does he think he is to even put forth "his plan" for Israel? His plan? Screw 'im. His plan is stupid and dangerous and unwelcome. The US president doesn't need a plan for everything. It's like me saying I have a plan to colonize Pluto - it ain't my territory or my business.

BTW, I bet my wife $100 that the Great Impostor dumps Biden and runs with Oprah in 2012.
  12. ofitg

ofitg New Member

If I'm not mistaken, it would be the first time since 1947 that our Secretary of State has not been a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.