alligator safety?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by stumpjumper, Jul 21, 2012.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

2. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

So do I run in a zig zag pattern?
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Fastest time between gator, and safety, is a straight line. Remember that a gator can catch a horse from a dead standstill! Don't spend any more time in his vicinity than necessary!
  4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

years ago i went to the zoo in miami and a placard said to do that. now they say not to. can't shoot them so might as well let 'em eat you
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Just watch me shoot one if I have to!
  6. skullfr

skullfr New Member

Gators are mostly no problem.Just like any animal,mess with it and you can be hurt.Ive wade fished around em and run crawfish traps and no problems.Except having to chase em off traps.I once tangled with a 11ft er over a crab trap an he lost.A lead injection is a good cure for nastiness.