Almost all of my bladed weapons

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Mosin_Nagant_Fan, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

This is all of them, except about 4 folding knives, I need to dig those out.

I also have some decorative swords, daggers, and blunt weapons that I may post, later.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Very nice...

Can you tell me about the three on the far left hand side of the pic?

Crpdeth
  3. sluggermn

sluggermn New Member

actually could you describe all of them and what history you have with them.
    is the one on the far right a vietnam era kabar or was it just treated badly in a past life?
    do you have names for them (what kind are they not their given names)
    also what is the one 3rd from the right??
    thanks nice pix!!
    slugger
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  4. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

The Old Jo way off to the right is just some knife my dad had when he was in boy scouts, it probably got stored in a bad place. I don't know if it is or is not a Ka-Bar, looks like one but is very short compared to the full sized one. Some day I'll try to clean it up.

The three to the left are Philippino daggers, the bigger one is a Bolo. I'm looking into getting a Cold Steel Moro Barong to add to this collection.

The others that I didn't mention in the order of the pictures are:
    (Three Philippino blades)
    CZ24 Bayonet with correct type frog but mix-match scabbard
    CETME bayonet
    BUDk Marine Tanto Survival Knife
    Some off-name hunting knife
    My dad's survival knife (needs a new compass)
    (Ol' rusty)
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thank you.

:)
  6. williamd

williamd New Member

Thought I recognized Philippine work in there. Brought back a couple myself. One made from a WW II jeep spring with a buffalo horn handle. It can chop into angle iron! Think it cost me $2 when I went through jungle school there in '64. My prize is a WW II German boot knife my Uncle brought back and passed to me. Not fancy but an interesting knife.
  7. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Here's a complete run-down of what I know from the ones my mom and dad gave me.

The only thing that has actual family history is the three Philippine blades to the left and the two right-most knives:
    The Philippine ones where actually from an older military Vet, probably a Navy or Air Force guy since my mom and dad where on a Air Base in Florida. My mom told me the the left one, she thinks, is a bolo and the other is a Barong. The middle one's name escapes memory but is mostly used for cutting food (game, fish, veggies and fruits).
    The two to the far right where my dads, the black one was probably for a camping trip (compass, something to hold matches, something to open bottles, and something to cut stuff like rope) and the rusty one is from his Boy Scout days, camping and such.
    The two bayonets I bought because I liked knives and I had (have) an interest in WWII items. The left Bayonet is a CZ-24 bayonet, which will fit the k98 rifle (which is probably why it's in a k98 scabbard) and the right is, I believe, a CETME bayonet with original plastic sheath.
    The other two are BudK products but are very well made. I plan on using one as a game/fish cleaning knife and the other as a light brush clearer.

This is a cleaner version of what I posted earlier. I'm still gonna get a Moro Barong, when I get a little money.
  8. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

EDIT: On a more careful examination, I found a Ontario 10-76 on the nut on the end of the hilt. It looks exactly like a Camillus Sawback Knife.

Any further info anyone can give would be highly appreciative.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  9. jmohler

jmohler New Member

The one on the far right is an USAF aircrew survival knife, made by Camillus. I've actually got 2 of them, one in my truck and one on my LBV. They're an incredibly good camp/utility knife, they keep a good edge (can chop through a deer pelvis without dulling) and are thick enough that you don't have to worry about bending or breaking it prying open a crate.