Almost bought my first .22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by clichedusername, Oct 8, 2011.

1. clichedusername

clichedusername New Member

I did not think of using them as my FFL. After hearing you discuss how they can help me find the "evil black rifle" of my dreams, I figured that they could assist when I developed a more refined taste in firearms.
    Anyway I called them this morning and they will check to see if their suppliers can get me a Mark II promptly.
    Is it possible to buy directly from Savage? I just assumed that they would only sell to dealers.
  2. Regular Joe

Regular Joe New Member

Here's your rifle on the Savage website. Look near the bottom, and see that they provide links to GunsAmerica and some others, but do not offer sales directly. Just as well, in that Mfg. sites that do offer sales are normally asking the full MSRP, and the market is usually a good amount less. The difference should be enough to cover the shipping and FFL transfer costs.
    If you have any problem at all with L'n'L, call Spurlocks', in Old Henderson, at 564-5668. At Spurlocks, you're just as likely to deal with the owner as with anyone, and they are definitely good ol' boys there.
  3. Regular Joe

Regular Joe New Member

I looked at the entire Savage inventory at Cheaper than Dirt (the worlds' largest inventory of guns, period), and they don't even list the BTVSS. You should try L'n'L and Spurlocks', and if they find what I found, either decide to settle on Bass Blo, or pick another rifle. Without the thumbhole stock, it makes no difference if the gun is left or right handed. I'm left handed, but all of my guns are either right handed or ambi, by design.
    If you can't find the BTVSS anywhere else, and want to be done with "those clowns", I suggest that you take a long hard look at CZ rifles.
    This one:
    http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-452-american/
    is almost certainly a better rifle than the Savage. Read the comments at the lower part of the page. This one is far more likely to be available.
    I can't find that one either! It was the 452 left handed. This one would be a great place to start, and would probably stay with you forever:
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/31193-55.html
    The only diff between this and a left hand version is that you operate the bolt with the right hand. For $322, it's a great rifle.
    Everything there is to know about rimfire guns of any kind is here:
    http://www.rfc.com/forums/index.php
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  4. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

If you've been to RFC, you need to hit the Marlin Bolt-action section.
    Eyeball some of the tight groups those boys shoot with El Cheapo Marlins :D
    After a trigger job, them thangs will shoot with CZ's at 1/4 the cost & Made in the USA! :patriotic:
  5. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

What kind of trigger job, what does it cost, and where can a person get it done?