Almost Gone ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juker, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Juker

Juker New Member

Greetings all, Bobitis has just reminded me that I've been too absent here. Sorry for that - we're in full-blown "GET THE HELL OUTTA ILLINOIS" mode. God has opened doors for us to get back to Colorado, so we're madly purging/sorting/packing/trashing/selling/donating. We're determined to downsize our lives. If we haven't used it in the last year, it's gone. If we can do without it, it's gone. If we can replace it later, it's gone. Sprucing up the house and yard, getting ready to beat feet. We cannot live in this corrupt cesspool any longer.

I'm in touch with the TFF Underground Railroad at Hannibal, Missouri; they have boats that can ferry us across the Mississippi under cover of darkness.
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Most Excellent news I've read in a long time. :)

Try not ta lose yer firearms in the river crossing. I've heard they can be trecherous. :p
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

Got me some of them new-fangled inflating floatie gun things I saw on "Sons of Guns"... :D:D:D
  4. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Good luck. I can understand why anyone would want out of this state. I am stuck here.
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

If you need someone to donate some of those guns to, I'm available. I'll get you the address for my local FFL right away! :D:D:D
  6. Juker

Juker New Member

Damn decent of ya, Josh. Always good to know who one's friends are, eh? :D

The gun registration bill currently in the Illinois legislature is one of the premier reasons for our departure. They might stop it this time, but with Ohole pal Rahm Emanuel keeping the Chicago machine well-lubed, it's not like the anti-gunners are just going to fold up their tents. So, we are making a tactical retreat to the land we love so dearly. The day we arrive, I'll go get my Colorado driver's license, then go straight to the county sheriff's office and get my concealed carry application.

I'll have to get some guns, though, since I don't have any...
  7. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Nice to hear from you Juker, and nice to hear of your pending escape. Have a safe trip and check in whenever you can.
  8. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

:rant:

Ya crossed the river already? :eek:
  9. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Good move, I could never deal with living back East ever again.
  10. geds

geds New Member

Where abouts in CO are you headed? Best of luck and safe travels!
  11. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yea, you see, juker and I, we went on this fishin trip once and we took all of our guns with us and the boat tipped over and well, the rest is history.....
  12. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Hi Juker I was wondering ware you were. Moving can be a bummer but when you are moving to a better place it makes it a little easier.I was going to ask you if you wanted me to hold any of your guns but I see Josh jumped right on that.
    Really I hope things are going to be better for you.Getting out sometimes is the best thing to do.
    Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Although i'm across the country from you or i'd offer to help carry the box's :lmao2:I know that was a bad joke:tapfoot:
    Mike
  13. Juker

Juker New Member

Thanks, fellas. Haven't bailed out yet, but I'm standing in the door!

We'll be out west/southwest of Denver somewhere, looking at several towns right now. We're staying with relatives until we make our final choice, we'll be fine financially and situationally for as long as it takes. How's that for pulling up stakes? No jobs, no house, leaving it in God's hands - making a sweeping life change at middle age! :)
  14. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Best to get out before the State of Illinois takes all your money in tax's. Business's are also leaving. They can't make any money with the tax burden here.
  15. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

my brother lives in Winthrop Harbor (as far NE as you can go). him and his 2 teenage boys are coming to visit this summer. none of them have ever held even a BB gun or a fishing pole. boy are they in for a good time. I am hoping he gets his crap together and moves back home soon.
  16. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Retracted.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  17. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Juker, good decision. I will be praying for you brother. Your family will be so much better off. We will need some moving pics though.
  18. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Voting with your feet, eh? Do you have photo ID for those shoes?

Oh, wait ... Illinoise. You don't need no stinkin' IDto vote. :D

Pops
  19. hunter29180

hunter29180 Active Member

Hey since you are getting rid of anything you havent used in a year...any guns fit that bill?..heck I will make a special trip to pick them up..and you know they will go to a kind, loving home!!
  20. Juker

Juker New Member

Following that disastrous deep sea fishing trip where Double D and I lost all our guns and ammo overboard (I still can't believe that happened THREE times, darn the luck), I did manage to replace some of my firearms. But I sold them all to my brother-in-law in Texas for $1 when the gun registration bill was announced. Insert heavy sigh here.

When we set our minds to make a life-changing move, it's staggering how ruthless we became in our purging. We are anally organized, bizarrely clean people and keep an immaculate home, but after 30 years of marriage you can accumulate a lot of stuff. I'm fond of saying that we never own anything in this life, we just rent it for a few years and someone else gets it when we drop dead. So we are laying hands on every single thing we own, from pencils to appliances, and making immediate decisions. Proud to say the MOVE list is far outweighed by the SELL and TRASH lists. Aaaah, the things that moth and rust doth destroy...our house is already a few tons lighter.

76, I have plans for some great moving pics, provided I can get my dog to do her business at the Illinois state line. :D