almost had to dispatch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wv hillbilly, Nov 17, 2012.

1. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

almost had to dispatch (update)

we increased the rimadyl and she is walking better

my girl of 13 years. sunnie[​IMG]
    she has been having trouble with her back legs for about 2 years and we have been giving her rimadyl. yesterday our younger dog[​IMG] sadie was playing and jumped on her back, sunnie went down and started crying and so did i.
    i was yelling at the pup, but she didn't know that she did anythig wrong.
    my wife came out and asked what was wrong, i explained. we helped sunnie to the basement and that is where she laid all night.
    i expected the worse this morning and went and dug a grave for her.
    the sad part about this is she wanted out when i went to the basement to get a shovel.
    she followed to where i was digging her grave and every shovel i took i baweled my eyes out as she laid there watching me.
    it was as if a mirical happened. she got up and started playing with the pup.
    i finished her grave, but i asked GOD not to make me put her down yet.
    i have lost so much this time of year that meant so much to me i'm not sure i can make it
    i lost my mom last dec. i lost my dad and my father in law 6 days apart in dec.
    i have to put down one of my pets in dec. before
    sorry for the long post. i just needed to talk to someone
    my eyes are watery so please excuse my spelling
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  2. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

sounds like she said "nope, not time yet. I'm here for you. all I needed was a rest"

give her hugs and enjoy your time together.
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow, this makes me sad...glad she is doing better...
  4. m77user

m77user Active Member

Sorry for all your sorrows. Glad that she will be around a while longer to help you get over them.
  5. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

I just finished a casket last week for a relatives dog. The first one I'd done. The dog had some kind of cancer or something and passed a couple days after I'd delivered it.

Just a plain pine box, which is what she wanted.

[​IMG]
  6. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I can feel your pain Hillbilly. I had to put down my Rotweiller of 12 years a couple years ago. I still think about all the good times we had and it still hurts. I still haven't gotten another dog because I can't find one that's even close to my trusty Rotty.
  7. pdg929

pdg929 New Member

i had my boxer put down in august. ive had im almost 12 years. its very sad when they pass its like your child or brother or sister has died. people say its just a dog, no its part of your family..since then my mom got a new puppy she wanted one to look jus like chaos and we named him ditto
  8. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

What an awesome, beatutiful poochy. Spend some quality time with her time left and spoil her like mad. Best wishes, my friend.
  9. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

I had my "last" dog about ten years ago. I had one that was my best buddy and went everywhere with me. We took out many a ground squirrel. Construction crew put out some illegal bait that ended up killing him, I paid them back but it doesn't really take the pain away.
    Then someone dumped a little female pup at the house next door to me, the two gals there had her on the front porch and she would never wander off, just sit and watch the world go by. But they weren't paying her no attention so I told the kids to go and get her if they didn't want her.
    Time went by and she was more the kids' dog than mine. She got out one night when in heat and lo and behold ended up popping out six pups. I wasn't gonna have another dog, but this one had his mind made up and started following me everywhere, and whining if he wasn't with me. Now he sleeps at the foot of the bed (More like ON my feet, but that keeps them warm) and is my shadow, and my new best buddy. Two years old today!

[​IMG]
  10. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

how can anyone not love a dog ----god
  11. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Hilbilly, we're here for you. No need to apologise for posts. We all care and are ready to listen and hurt with you.

Thank God for the time you have with your dog, and enjoy.
  12. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

Can't say it any better.
  13. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

You go right ahead and type out your fealings on here, we are right there with ya.
    Dont ever need to apalagise for loving your best friend, aspecialy if they have 4 legs.
    Will be praying for you and sandie both.