Aluminum Overcast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin T, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

:)

J

Attached Files:

2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Ya know...i wonder... that flight simulator of yours. Is there a scenario in which you could fly...oh lets say a B-52 over Tehran perhaps with mayyyybe a nuclear payload? And then drop said payload...

Is there a sim for that by chance? :D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Hummmm, the bombs do drop out of that thing and some other bombers. The bombs do look like they blow up when they hit the ground...

So as a matter of fact, I bet you could. LOL
  4. 94z07

94z07 New Member

Looks like you've made 33 deliveries in that bird. Isn't it time the crew got sent home to sell war bonds and teach new crews?
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

I had a chance to do a walk tru of both a B-17 and a B-24 last week. The Collings Foundation flew in a B-17, B-24, AT-6, P-40, TP-51C, and a Huey.
    I wish I could have afforded a flight.

http://www.iberianet.com/articles/2009/03/04/news/doc49aed8464b017941457133.txt
    If you click tru the photos in the story. The guy climbing in to the Mustang is a buddy of mine. His son took second in his class at the world IPSC match last year.

Art
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  6. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Looks good, Marlin T, but let's see a REAL overcast... like the Magnesium Overcast.

B-36 Peacemaker. My father grew up in Ogden, UT near Hill Air Force Base. There were several of these behemoths stationed there in the late 40s / early 50s. He said when they flew over with six props and four turbojets roaring the ground would shake.

Attached Files:

7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Awsome pictures of that Peacemaker, Lurpy

Art, you suck!!!!!!!!!
    Did you take pics of your little trip?

Those guys almost lost most of those planes to the hurricane. It was a real shame because of the classics that they didn't save.