The Firearms Forum banner

Always one more thing you need & can't live without

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  howlnmad 
#1 ·
For me it was a powder measure micrometer insert for the Hornady powder measure. Only $29 from Amazon and I'm very impressed by how well it works. Next up is a bore guide, then the AR parts, then maybe a new target rifle. Glad the wife is not home when UPS delivers.

#3 ·
For me its either a RCBS Charge master or a case feeder for the LNL AP.

#5 ·
I thought I was done buying reloading tools over a year ago. Nope, I buy something every month. I actually enjoy spending money on anything firearms related. My wife never says a thing. In fact she often says "why didn't you get me one too?"

On the other hand I'm kind of tight with my money with certain things. I hate spending money on clothes for example. We had to buy a new vacuum cleaner the other day, I grumbled and said I could of had a new gun. I should have said, honey you could have spent that on jewelry.

#12 ·
But, isn't any other hobby the same? My other hobbies include Radio Controlled Aircraft and gardening. I always need one more thing for those hobbies as well.
Sure it is. My tool box always needs that one more item. I enjoy woodworking, always eyeing up one more power tool or fancy gadget. I look around at reloading equipment and even though I have everything I really need to produce quality ammunition, someone has to come out with something new and improved. I never understood that saying. If it's new, how can it be improved?o_O

#13 ·
db, that sounds like the fella who was told by his neighbor, "you want all the land". Whereupon he replied, "nope, just what's next to me"

#14 ·
I also like woodworking, and photography, and coin collecting in addition to reloading and shooting. So I have to rotate around from time to time. I would really like to have a new band saw but I also want to build an AR and I'm having a hard time deciding what to get first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.