Am I becoming a fuddy duddy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johnnyehlers, Nov 4, 2012.

1. johnnyehlers

johnnyehlers Member

A friend of mines daughter shot her first deer this year, I'm very proud of her.
    BUT... when I seen the pic. it just didn't set right with me. Looks more like an inner city kid celebrating their 1st drive by. It just seems to me that an adult missed a good chance to teach respect for the life you've just taken. Am I mistaken, the thumb, index & little finger being a gang sign? We live in a rural area between a town of 1000 & a town of 600. The closest thing we have to gang activity around here are coon hunters. LOL So what's your opinions, am I blowing this out of proportion? :confused:

616058_291980154246002_231937103_o.jpg
  2. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

NO YOU ARE NOT!
    that is the problem with todays youth ,no respect. because their parents have none either
  3. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

I wouldn't read too much into it. She's just proud of her kill, and posing for the camera.
  4. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

Actually her "sign" is the universal sign for I love you.

That being said, daddy, or whoever was taking the pic, needs to be slapped up side the head. I'm all for pics, but this is disrespectfull
  5. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I don't believe your being fuddy duddy. Killing an animal is a big deal, wether it's your first or thousandth. IMHO that picture is disrespectful, sorry.
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I wouldn't worry to much about the gang sign. A lot of the kids do it as they think it is cool. She should be told to cut it out by her dad. Around here kids don't get into gangs if dad is around. It's all the kids with no dad that do.
  7. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

+1 That's not a gang sign. That's a kid that's happy about getting her first deer and a really nice one at that. Just like someone giving a thumbs up.
  8. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ya, I agree. She is at an age where she is highly influenced by the adults in her life. I hope she is surrounded by a bunch of old fuddy duddies. I understand where the O.P. is coming from but at least she is out hunting and proud of her kill as opposed to being against it.

That is a nice deer.
  9. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Richard Dawson used that sign all them on that game show he was on. The fued family. At least she is with her elders and not getting drunk and pregnant. Be happy for her. SO far so good.
  10. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

You shouldn't read to much into it as others have said. She looks excited about her first kill and just clowning for the camera. Teens will be teens as we all did our thing in our younger days.
  11. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

I don't feel that pic should be shown to anyone besides her. and to top it off I would have had her take another pose kind of like a responsible adult would do. then show her the 2 during a heart to heart talk and ask which one her inner soul thinks is best.

I'm a fuddy duddy and damn proud of it. if a person doesn't show respect they have nothing but bad times ahead. plain and simple
  12. Rogeritall

Rogeritall Member

It's not something I would do, but then again I'm fifty two... I see my teenage relatives on Facebook posing like that all the time, and that may be where your friends daughter saw that type thing as well. I'm just glad to see a youth hunting...
  13. johnnyehlers

johnnyehlers Member

Thanks for all the input. I still don't like the pic. but everything else is positive.
    Her Uncle was the one who took her hunting, and I'm sure he gave her some good guidance. I also found out that she helped dress the deer and was happy and excited to do so.
    Thanks again. ;)
  14. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

She's probably not a bad kid, but is just that, a kid. She's showing her level of happiness and maturity all in one pic.
  15. Petergunn

Petergunn Member

The willingness to adopt the gangster mentality by the white youth is truly a sad state, that and just the all around loss of civility, class and manners in this country is an indicator of the underling rot.

I always thought that sign (she's flashing) was the sign of satan.