Am I unusual - no failures

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by williamd, May 30, 2011.

1. Casey

Casey Member

Who was that that said "failure is not an option"? Thats one thing I wont ever do again and thats brag about how good things are running. Kiss of death!
  2. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Agreed! I think every time I hear this I never had to do this. I have some less expensive guns even an old Kel-Tec 40 that they discontinued after a few years that have never given me a problem or a reason not to trust my life to it. I also agree with you on the matter that any gun or machine could have a failure at any given time, I wouldn't think of this in a critical situation but it could always happen. With the Kel-Tec 40 the only real failure this gun has ever seen was my buddys kid limp wristing the gun.
  3. williamd

williamd New Member

Probably good advice. BUT, took a few to the range yesterday. Total of 5 boxes of Wally-World Federal downrange. Not a burp from any. I do do all the tune up stuff Bigbilll mentions, then some. Have not had to touch the LB TRS or the SA TRP. Also, have a S70 GC and a SA Champion that have been unusually nice from day one.
  4. Dirty

Dirty New Member

I've had my Springfield Operator since 2008, have fed it over 5000 rds of assorted .45 by this point, and still have yet to have a malfunction. I love its look, feel, handling, and accuracy. Theres a reason it rides my hip everyday. :)