Amadeo Rossi & CIA 410 shotgun pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by captrick, Jan 25, 2010.

1. captrick

captrick New Member

Amadeo Rossi & CIA pistol

I have an Amadeo rossi & CIA pistol approx 12 in barrel, I recieved this as a gift from my now deceased godfather who was a merchant marine for many many years and remember him saying that he picked it up in south america way back before I was born.60s I have scoured the internet and still can't find any info on this gun. It is not for sale and never will be, but I would like to find the when and wheres out about it. thanks for any help you may be able to relay back. I have morepics and numbers .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

CIA is the Spanish abbreviation for Company, like we use Co. So it's Rossi and Company.

If you are in the states, and that gun has a smoothbore barrel, and you don't have paper on it, you need to make this post go away. You have an illegal gun, that there is no way to make legal. Good for 10 years in the federal lockup and a quarter million dollar fine.

If you're not in the states, or the barrel is rifled, or you do have paperwork, ignore the previous paragraph.
  3. rbking

rbking New Member

Rossi is a Brazilian firearms manufacturing company that has been in business for many years. I don't know where your located, but if your a resident of the U.S. your shotgun pistol is not legal to own, unless it was registered with the feds prior to or during the gun amnesty of 1968. If they catch you with a illegal unregistered shotgun pistol, you could be prosecuted and thrown in the slammer for 10 years.
  4. captrick

captrick New Member

In reference to the Rossi pistol, the barrel is rifled , and the barrel is marked CAL> 36 as shown in the pic. I am looking for info on dates of possible manufacture and such,
  5. SalemCat

SalemCat New Member