Amazing Shot

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by steve666, Oct 28, 2010.

1. steve666

steve666 New Member

[​IMG]
    I watched Bob Munden on Impossible Shots last night on the Outdoor Channel. Took him three tries but he hit a target at 600 yards. The impossible part of it… he was using a S&W Model 29 with an 8⅜” barrel and iron sights. He!!, I can’t even see 600 yards.
    [​IMG]
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Steve, I am with you on those impossible shots. I too could not even see a red balloon at 600 yards. But Munden and others on that Impossible Shots program just amaze me with their marksmanship. Truly fantastic what those marksmen are able to do.

Todd
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Elmer Keith killed a deer with a 4" S&W 44 magnum (before they had model numbers) at 600 yards.

Ed McGivern routinely shot targets at 600 yards with a S&W 357.

Not tryin' to take anything away from the marksmen on Impossible Shots. I can't do it. But it ain't nothin' new. People were doing it 70 years ago.
  4. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

You are right Alpo. That was why Munden was trying the shot to show doubters that Keith's shot while not practical was indeed possible. Yes there have been marksman with us all the time but they still amaze me.

Todd