The Firearms Forum banner

American Classic 1911

Tags
3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  JLA 
#1 ·
i seen this breed of 1911 at a gunstore. and checked out and field stripped for inspection one of these at the 2007 NRA show in Louisville kentucky.
the one i took apart seemed to be pretty well finished inside and out. there wasn't a lot of machine marks inside or anything that caught my eye as bad.

so does anyone else have any idea on these 1911's, where are they made and what kind of quality are they?

#4 ·
let me put my question on quality like this.

if i had a colt 1911 it would be my most prized possession, will this gun come close?

#5 ·
they are made by a company named metro arms in the phillipines, they are every bit as good as a rock island and come with all the bells and whistles. a 1911 is a great platform and there are tons of up-grades that can be done, so if you have a slight issue with extraction for example , you can install a custom extractor. same for barrels ,barrel bushings sears...etc. the bottom line is a good platform to start with. when you were able to get a norinco 1911 most gun snobs turned up their noses at them ( made in china) as it turns out it was the gun/frame of shoice for experts to build upon and making a custom tuned slick 45. i believe it's the same gun as the newly released or soon to be released ria g-4 . check out www.1911.org

#6 ·
I bought one about 14 months ago and don't regret it at all. It will shoot 2" groups all day long with winchester white box 230 gn hardball. I have never had the slightest hicup with failures to feed or fire. The fit and finish is better than anyone should expect from a gun at this price. Obviously for sub $500 you aren't getting a top of the line custom gun but it is still a good, accurate 1911. Currently I'm saving my pennies for a "name brand" 1911, until then I'll keep shooting my AC II with total confindence that it will do anything I ask of it.

#7 ·
They are in finish and function identical to RIA. I bought one for 250 bucks last year, shot the hell out of it and traded it off for a S&W 625 .45 Auto Rim. Decent guns for entry level 1911ers...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.