American Classic Commander JAM!

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Clipper, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

I experienced a major jam in my Commander a few days back, made sure there was not a live round in the chamber and tried to break things free at home. I was unable as was a friend of mine, a retired gunsmith. We tried several things and finally today, I removed the grips, grip screws and padded the grip with cloth, put it in my woodworking vise and used a steel rod just smaller than the bore and pounded away. I finally managed to free it up, but the problem was a cracked barrel bushing, not a jammed case. The bushing is cracked completely thru and really binds things up. I'll replace the bushing, clean the gun thoroughly, re-oil it and see how things work.