1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

American Eagle Ammunition

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

A Professional
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/1/01 7:38:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All American Eagle
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Im taking a few friends out shooting tomorrow, something they dont get to do much, so I went out to stock up on ammo today. I needed .223 and 7.62x39.

Now usually I've been buying my bulk ammo at gunshows, where it gets really cheap. Unfornutantly here in town, I had to pay nearly 3 times more $ per round, expecially the 7.62. The cheapest brand I found was American Eagle, and bought around 200 rounds of each caliber.

My question... is Americal Eagle a decent brand? Its just for plinking, nothing beyond 100 yards. I dont wanna screw up my new Ar-15, or spend 2 hours cleaning it. (I'm sure the SKS will be ok.) Any extraction problems? Dirty ammo? ect etc...

Thanks.

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/1/01 9:08:26 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: American Eagle
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good quality stuff, you'll have no problems.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Zigzag2
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/2/01 6:37:13 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: American Eagle
    Cheap too...

gun runner john
    (12/2/01 11:16:38 am)
    I've shot cases of AE through my AR's, and they didn't complain a bit.

A Professional
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/2/01 3:39:42 pm)
    Good to hear, im on my way out to the range now. Thanks for the info.

A Professional
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/2/01 6:27:29 pm)
    Yup, great performance. Still not near as cheap as Wolf and handloaded .223 tho.

Brought out the Ar-7 survival rifle. Worked fine for the first 20 rounds, then went to crap. Wouldn't always eject fully (case smashed in action) and wouldn't always load (bullet tip caught and smashed below barrel. It did perform abit better with higher quality .22 shells, but still 50% problems.

If it wasnt my dad's gun, I woulda used it as a target. POS, If I needed it to survive, I'd be dead.