american heritage revolvers

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by chuckpa1972, Jan 1, 2008.

1. chuckpa1972

chuckpa1972 New Member

hi
    does anyone know much about the american heritage rough rider series? am thinking of getting one of the big bores in 357mag. are these revolvers accurate? they reliable? am looking to hunt deer with it. want to shoot out to 50 yards at least.

thank you
    chuck
  2. Chuck B

Chuck B New Member

Howdy Chuck,

I had a Heritage .22 lr/mag combo revolver and was very pleased with it.

Evidently price is an issue? For deer hunting I prefer a Ruger super blackhawk in .44 mag. (usually under $600). In a pinch I'd use my Ruger blackhawk 6 1/2 .357 (usually under $400).

You may not know how well you might like the Heritage until you buy it and shoot it some. If you don't like it...sell or trade it...and try something else.

Happy hunting,

Chuck
  3. thunderstruck507

thunderstruck507 New Member

we had one in .17hmr my dad found at the end of our driveway, until my little brother took it in to the police station to run the numbers and someone had reported it missing

it was nice, but the fall out of someone's truck had messed up the clocking a bit

I've also shot several .22lr/mag combos that were really nice...especially since they're so cheap