American Rifleman and W.E.Goforth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Willie, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Willie

Willie Active Member

Just reading the NRA mag and on page 88 it features a Meriden Secret Service Special .32. It says" A good summary can be found in the book Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works Firearms 1871-1973 by W.E.Goforth."
    I had no idea we have such a accomplished expert here. Who Knew?
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Well, all of us who hang around the "Ask The Pro's & What's It Worth?" Forum know Bill and are very appreciative of his expertise and answering the many questions we get on Iver Johnson's, Harrington & Richardson's and a whole raft of inexpensive early revolvers.

*Shamless Plug* (For everything you've ever wanted to know about Iver Johnson's, click here!): http://www.gunshowbooks.com/cgi-bin/webc.exe/st_prod.html?p_prodid=GS37205&sid=9X4vr2zN
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Can tell you just how much we value Bill's being here and pitching it. Thank you, Sir. :)
  4. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

thanks for the compliments. i post here to try and educate the general public that even though H&R, Iver Johnson, Hopkins & Allen ( and a host of others) are inexpensive firearms they were of good quality when first manufactured and are collectible. there are more H&R & iver johnson firearms still available than there are colt, S&W or winchester firearms. and the values are rising. when the new blue book comes out this spring you should see an increase in the H&R listings and values.
    bill
  5. Willie

Willie Active Member

I am really appreciative of Bill's posts here also. I joined this forum a while ago but only really started watching and posting recently. A big Congrat's to Bill for getting recommended in The NRA mag. Not everyone gets this honor.I posted this thread just so no one would miss it. :)

Bill, do you often come to Houston or Pasadena gun shows? If you are doing one here please let me know the date and I will stop by and get a book(signed of course) for my collection. Would make a nice addition. Thanks.
    I also am going to look for these guns for my collection as I have none now.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2008