American vs. non-American

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by hogger129, Dec 7, 2009.

1. wpage

wpage Active Member

Those AK's are crude and inacurrate. Give me a american rifle any time they are accurate reliable and for long and short range the way to go...
    Especially for marksman.
    What collector needs a gun with 30 round clips that cant hit the side of a barn at 300 yards.
    Thats what you want something you can waste 90 rounds and hit nothing like those bozo's that produce nothing but wasted brass at the range.
    Better to have one good bullseye than all that noise and a clean target with that foreign trash. It even looks like the garbage it is stocks made of pallet wood and pressed recycled ramblers.
  2. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

G3, M14, Fn Fal. These are in a class by themselves. Top of the list as far as i am concerned. G3 being on top for me.

The ak47 to me represents our foes. Not that i would not use one in a pinch but it would be last thing avaliable. It demands respect for what it is and i understand many people enjoy shooting them here in America. Strange hugh? However I personally hate the damn thing.

My take on the mini 14 is that it is a great gun for putting ammo down range. Not all that accurate but it will eat anything. You dont even have to trim your cases just reload till the necks burn out and the gun will shoot.

AR's can be quirky but when you get a good one it is real nice.

sl8 german manufacturer by hk, daw gone good rifle.

I think the Germans, Americans, Isreal, Brits and even italy have it
  3. islenos

islenos New Member

It doesn't matter where the rifle is made, there is good and bad in every design.

The only thing that matters at all, is the person behind the trigger.
  4. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Funny, I never heard a gun go bang with an accent. It shoots or it doesn't, It is reliable or it isn't, it's accurate or it isn't. I buy American when I can because I try to protect American jobs and support my friends and neighbors making products locally. Major reason why Walmart doesn't see me in their stores anymore is they seem to have given up on American products.

When it comes down to it My guns come in all kinds of flavors from American, to German, Belgian, Japanese (my Weatherby) and I have shot guns from Italy, Brazil and Spain. They all went bang and most of them made me grin and giggle. All of us on the same ball of mud, rock and water. By the way my cheapest and lowest quality handgun was made in Massachusetts.

Good thing I don't have to learn the languages of the ammo manufacturers I shoot. I can handle the British accent alright but Turkish and Greek are beyond this old dinosaur brain and forget Czech. I used to know some Russian 45 years ago but it kind of drifted away with my common sense and my stamina.
  5. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Right now Heckler & Koch have just revolutionized the M-16 platform.

The 416 & 417 flat out make the M-16/AR15 OBSOLETE.
    As they have the beat-me whip-me capability of AK-47's, yet still have the precision of the best M-16/AR-15's out there.

Once you seen the vid on the H&K website...you know the debate over M-16 vs AK-47 is OVER.
    The answer is now NIETHER, get a HK 416/417.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Sure would love to own one!
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Never fired the 416 or 417. I really like H&K's pistols. As far as their pistols go, they are dead tough and accurate.
  8. wpage

wpage Active Member

No doubt there is much good out there...
    American is the best. No doubt. If you disagree.
    Tell it to the Marines!!
  9. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Definitely. The H&K 416 and 417 obviously look like they are modeled after the M4.

I think whoever designed the M4 had it right if all these other manufacturers are making rifles that are almost the same thing.

In terms of pistols, the M1911 has been around for 99 years and still going strong. A couple of people I worked with who were in the military qualified with these old Colts that they said were "rattleboxes." This was back in the 80's right around the time they started issuing the M9. One guy said the "rattlebox" he shot, which was a surplus 1911 from WWII times, was more accurate than a brand new M9.

As far as the rifles went, he was issued the M16. He has an M1-A. One thing he said was that the M16 was lighter, and used smaller rounds so you could carry more ammo. It was a better service rifle. But in terms of all out effectiveness, he said the M1-A is better. More power, more accurate and it was less prone to problems.

My uncle that was in Nam trained with an M14 in basic and they were issued the original M16A1's. He hated em. He said they would pick up enemy weapons all the time and use em because they didn't malfunction like the early M16s did.

I think they have gotten a lot better though. Now they're up the M16A4 I think? The guys that were over in Iraq said they barely saw any M16s. The ones their unit had were M4's.

Funny thing is that the M1911 and I think the M4 were both Colt designs weren't they? I could be wrong on the M4 because I always thought the M16 was designed by Armalite and manufactured by Colt.

Springfield made some of the best ones too. Their 1911s are some of the finest pistols there are. And they made the M1903, M1 Garand and M14 rifles.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  10. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

The Heckler & Koch 416 & 417 that came out last year are making the M-16 obsolete.

The precision of an M-16 with the durability of an AK. The Fight's over, H&K won.
    The 416 is chambered in 5.56 Nato.
    The 417 is chambered in 7.62 :)
    http://www.hk-usa.com/military_products/hk416_general.asp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsgstaO18jY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObXZMepn3SI
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010