Americans should keep this in mind-

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by sub-moa, Jul 4, 2012.

1. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

Gun control people don't seem to get just how deeply etched into the American psyche gun ownership goes and that the resistance to being disarmed by their own government runs even deeper.

Private arms have been confiscated from the populace in almost every other country in the world. Europeans and even the Australians have given them up without so much as a whimper. But here there is something about the private ownership of firearms that is fundamentally American, and I doubt the people in any other country can appreciate that fact with the possible exception of the Israelis and the Swiss who are armed to the teeth — though even they may surrender their weapons if the authorities come for them. But Americans? I'm not so sure.

Today, firearms and ammunition are getting harder and harder to find because Americans are buying guns and ammo, especially the kind that would fit a military description, as fast as they put them on the store shelves. Furthermore, Americans in record numbers are burying guns and ammo. Why? Many are expecting severe gun control and even a second attempt at gun confiscation. Second? Yes.

The first attempt
    It's hard to determine just when the the colonists began having problems with their English masters. The causes of dissension between England and her 13 American colonies were many. Thomas Jefferson listed some in the Declaration of Independence. We can go back to at least the Sugar Act of 1764 which established taxes not only on sugar but a host of other goods. After that came the Stamp Act (more taxes), the Quartering Act (requiring colonists to house and feed British troops), and a host of others. The colonials resisted, and there were demonstrations — one of the most famous being the Boston Tea Party. Yet, none were enough to push the colonists to open rebellion.

Then, on April 18, 1775, British General Thomas Gage sent 700 trained troops to Concord, Massachusetts. On the dawn of the 19th, 70 men — farmers, clerks, storekeepers — stood fast and faced the British advance guard at Lexington Green. History does not know who fired the first shot, what Ralph Waldo Emerson called ...the shot heard round the world.

And what sin, what transgression did the British commit to bring on armed conflict? They had come for their guns. Their own government had come to disarm them. The first battles of the Revolutionary War were fought over...gun control. It is, I believe, the first and only revolution in history borne of a government's attempt to remove weapons from its citizenry.:patriotic:
  2. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie Member

Something to think about
  3. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Yes, Gage came for the powder and shot at Concord. The skirmish at the bridge was a complete one sided victory for the British Regulars...until they were harassed and sniped all the way back to Boston, broken and exhausted. Dadgum Americans wouldn't stand up and fight like men.
    See, every time our militia DID stand up and fight like they did, we lost. When we fought like Americans, things went better for us. :)
    Firearms and ammunition aren't getting any harder to find where I am - WalMart had full ammo shelves and all the spots in the gun carousel were full, even with SiG 556 and Mini-14 rifles. Some people are doing what happened in '08, and the buying frenzy is underway, but fewer people are involved. Some still have what was bought back then, some are now out of work and are just trying to hold on to what they have, and others are picking up deals at the pawnshop from those who couldn't hold on to them.
  4. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Good post and so true. Guns are so much a part of Americana and we all still hunt unlike most Euros. Swiss tell me they never touch their reserve gun they have packed away in basement, until they go to summer camp; that wouldn't work in the USA.

Be pretty tough, probably impossible to disarm America; only way it could occur is through voluntary compliance; like social security when people turn 62. I believe what would be a more probable scenario is taxation, unbelievable taxation. Even that would create a political backlash and them Dems never seem to learn about such things.

I have many friends in Canada that have semi-autos and pistols; they never thought about giving them up when gun control started many years back, and look now; they have less than we do.

Most my friends are pretty well stocked up, I think my grandkids will still be stocked up. In 1980's, I started buying Ars, have a bunch of .556's from Colt A2 prebans & mini-14s to new piston Stags. A few years back I started buying the newer Ars in various calibers for hunting; my go to guns for most applications. I have 6.8's, 338 fed, 308 win and going to have a scar-h before election, on order. I hunt with these guns and they all have acogs; (luv them red horseshoes) and I feel very confident I could survive with these same guns under any scenario. I think everybody should be buying more Ars and hunting with them.

Happy 4th to everyone too.
  5. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

I should have said "Americans Obamma Holder & others should keep this in mind":D
  6. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sub-moa, thanks for the post.:patriotic:
  7. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

+1
    I have often thought that the first step an oppressive government takes is to disarm its citizens so it can better control them.
  8. nevadal

nevadal New Member

I think they will use the IRS, in many ways....they are the bulldogs of our
    government. :(
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

like here they made guns soooo expensive .. take a look at Australian gun sites and compare , 25% of anything is tax guarenteed and depending what it is may be up to 80% tax
  10. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Everything has gone up. Even the ak's and sks's are expensive. Ak's are over 450. Sks'
    s are over 350. Draco ak pistols are no longer available. Glad I got one!
  11. Curtis R

Curtis R New Member

+1:yeahthat:
  12. rimmer1

rimmer1 Member

Those Idiots, Serving us in Washington, Have no idea what will happen if they decide to disarm the people.
    There will be a run on Washington that will make Million Man March look like a kiddie parade.
  13. JR_22

JR_22 New Member

Oh I don't know about that, this isn't the same country we all grew up in people won't do nothing until it afects them.
  14. JR_22

JR_22 New Member

like these big cities like new york where its illegal to have a gun there not gonna march they hate guns its gonna take people getting invoved now.
  15. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Don't think that. Chicago is a gun free zone but in the suburban area's guns are very popular. Guns are popular in Chicago also but the laws are very restrictive.

All the gun shops in the suburban areas rent storage lockers so people from Chicago can store their guns. On the weekend its hard to get time in the ranges as all the people from Chicago fill them up.

I think it would be the kiss of death for any politician to try and promote gun control. He would be looking for a job.
  16. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

You'll see Obozo's true agenda come to light if he's re-elected. Why would he care knowing it's his last term. Get ready for SHTF I am.
  17. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

You are right most people just don't care.