Ammo and Reloading Components

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by neilin, Dec 10, 2009.

1. neilin

neilin New Member

I am finding ammunition and reloading components more readily available. Apparently, the manufacturers are putting out more goods. Some shops I frequent are still charging high prices, while others have come down to reasonable prices. The ones with the reasonable prices are getting my business.
  2. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

I agree, I think the hoarders have saturated themselves with goods and now the wise consumers will start to see availability return and prices also become toward the reasonable side.
  3. Gearheadpyro

Gearheadpyro New Member

Very happy to hear that as I have had a devil of a time finding small pistol primers. plenty of bullets, powder, and cases, but not a primer to be had.
  4. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

Gearhead

Here are some PMC small pistol primers that have been in stock for a good month so they must have a few on hand..........http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=9016&dir=278|284|994
  5. Gearheadpyro

Gearheadpyro New Member

Thanks for the lead, I'll get some on order.
  6. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

While the market may be getting saturated after most of us "stocked up" on reloading components, the reason for this has not gone away. The DEMs and Obama are still in power. After they finish destroying our economy with their huge deficit spending programs they may move their power focus to gun control... it is in their agenda.

The gun control nuts, while being somewhat stopped from controlling the guns by the Second Amendment and the Supreme Court, have moved their focus to the ammunition. In California they got a law passed that limits ammo purchases for handguns to 50 cartridges a month. Everyone purchasing handgun ammo will be finger printed and recorded. If there was ever a handgun made for a specific rifle cartridge then that caliber falls under the law too. Rifle ammo is next, then reloading components. They are relentless, well funded, and have the ears of the liberals, the DEMs and Obama.

Be warned. The ammo and components shortage may occur again real soon when such ammo laws get passed federally. Remember the saying.. " as goes California, so goes the nation".

LDBennett
  7. springerbuster

springerbuster Member

Well said LD. That's what I am afraid of. As soon as B.O. gets done screwing up our economy he will have more time to focus on gun control.
  8. Telcotech

Telcotech Member

Great Post LD....
    I was lucky by having just purchased large and small primers 18-20 mths ago, so wasn't affected much by that shortage......but,...
    I still cannot believe the prices they're getting for brass and bullets......
    I sold all my casting equip. a couple yrs. ago on ebay....then turned to buying factory jacketed and semi w/c for my handgun calibers and have just been shocked by the prices of the bullets. Just my .02...

TT
  9. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Well Said! It will never be over until the Democrats get what they want or when the American people wake the hell up and see them for the Communists that they are.

The sad thing is there are thousands if not millions of hunters,shooters and gun owners that still support these Communists on election day. I see it every day, trucks and cars with an NRA bumper sticker on one side and an Obama sticker on the other. I just don't get it, why would you pay money to join an organization to help fight for your 2nd Amendment rights, then go out and vote for the very politicians they are doing battle with? I guess it's like Forrest Gump says, "Stupid is as Stupid does".
  10. LDBennett

The press denies it, but a lot of people voted for Obama to make history, not because they liked his politics. People voted who normally would not bother, just to make history and the DEMs followed him into office on his coat tails aided by the history makers who normally don't vote.

All of the current fiscally poor legislation is fueled by a liberal leaning Congress that wants to make history in legislation. They care little of the fiscal effect. They see their chance to get universal health care, the environmentalist Cap and Trade, rights for jays, abortion, and on and on. They know they have to do it before the next election because a bunch of them will be looking for a job after the next election. Once done, this detrimental legislation will be extra hard to get reversed with Obama as president but they have the power to get it through now and will rush it through to beat the next election.

This is the worst time for politics that I have seen in my lifetime of 68 years. It is fueled by the liberals and the "history makers". The US may never be the same, unfortunately. In fact we may suffer financial demise. All societies rise and fall, eventually. The liberals will put us over the top and lead us down the other side. I never would have guessed we would be where we are at today. In part, the history makers are to blame. The history may be the historical peak of our society, with nothing left but failure.

LDBennett
  11. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Wishful thinking my friend, wishful thinking. The Democrats have the media in their pockets. Come election time next year the media will run the largest smear campaign on Republicans and Independents the world has ever seen. They will Lye through their teeth promoting Obama, his clan and tell the world that everything is great. The economy will be in the tank, but the media will say otherwise. They will come up with BS polls that show overwhelming support for the Anointed One and what he and his group of thugs have done to the once great country. They will stop at nothing, nothing to keep the Liberal Democrats in office. And there is nothing we can do about it.

Then there's ACORN. You know damn well these guys are working harder than ever registering phony voters in key districts. And there is nobody to stop them, nobody.

Sorry, but come election time next year the Democrats will most likely gain a few seats, not lose any seats.
  12. springerbuster

springerbuster Member

"Sorry, but come election time next year the Democrats will most likely gain a few seats, not lose any seats."

I beg to differ. I think the people are starting to wake up. I am looking forward to the next election. We can still stop this insanity.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  13. LDBennett

The word is getting out through FOX News. They are the biggest news provider in cable TV and it is not just the conservatives that listen to them. A part of their audience is moderates and independents and they carry the swing votes. Beside the "history makers" will not be out to vote this time... No history to make.

I talk doom and gloom but I secretly hope for the best. And it may happen. The pieces are in place for it to happen in our favor but who knows. All of us must vote next year and make sure others, that feel the way we do, do the same. Some of you out there couldn't vote for McCain and you see where we are today. This time you guys do the right thing.... vote against liberal politics.

LDBennett
  14. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

I went to my wife's work Christmas party last night. I spent some time talking to one of her Doctors. He is about 60 years old and originally from Cuba. We talked about Obama and the similarities between him and Castro. Long story short, get control of the media, once you have control of the media you have control of the people. Done! Next is to control or eliminate firearms. Getting Done! He ended our conversation with a little piece of advice, "Be Prepared". I asked him what he meant, he smiled and said, " do you have your carry permit and are you prepared? Don't make the same mistake we did."
  15. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

I'm sure this thread will soon be locked or deleted. These 2nd Amendment concerns pop up on forums like this quite often. Doesn't take long before they are shut down so as not to upset any of the Liberal Left that may happen to reload. Better to keep our heads deep in the sand than to offend.