Ammo choice for a .380?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by CampingJosh, Feb 26, 2008.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Though I would prefer a situation in which it would be realistic for me to carry a bigger gun on a consistent basis, the attire for my work usually doesn't allow that (all summer it's shorts/swimtrunks and a tee). If I'm going to carry (and that's why I went through the hassle of getting the license), it has to be a pocket gun that doesn't show at all (and that pocket clip is very enticing). So here in the next couple weeks (next time I can it to the right gun shop), I think I'm going to pick up a little Kel-Tec in .380.

Those of you who have one (or any other tiny .380 for that matter), what do you load it with?
  2. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

I bought my wife a Bersa Thunder 380 yesterday and after shooting it today I think she may not get it. It is soooooo much fun and really accurater for a small pistol. I plan to load it for her to carry in her purse with Cor-Bon DPX. I love the round and have it for all my carry guns.
  3. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

Went full circle with .380 ammo. back to trusty old Silvertips.

IMHO...whatever brand/type you choose...fire it in the dark to see if it blinds you. (Some brands are better than others.)
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I carry silver tip's or hydra shok's, Most importantly is to try a few different ones and makes sure they feed and function good in you weapon.
  5. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I have had good luck with Brown Bear, S&B, American Eagle and average performance with Remington, never tried Wold or Winchester, Walmart only had large boxes that I couldn't afford (Was low on money every time) (I usually order mine from J&G or buy at Walmart (with $20 for a box))
  6. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

You and I agree.. I read a review that Silvertips are the only .380 ammo to adequately expand out of the barrel of a Keltec P3AT.
  7. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

DoubleTap...:eek::eek:

JP
  8. obxned

obxned New Member

DoubleTap!
  9. Michael G

Michael G New Member