Ammo exports to Europe-220Swift needed in Ireland.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by ivanthehunter, Aug 3, 2008.

1. ivanthehunter

ivanthehunter New Member

Hi there lads can anyone tell me if there's anyone that can export ammo to Europe-Ireland.
    I have the license with a limit of 200 rounds and i also have a European firearms pass which allows me to hold another 500 rounds. So in theory i could receive 700 rounds without any trouble from the Irish authorities.

In Irish law it is possible for me to receive ammo of firearms from outside the EU(European union) as long as i have the relevant paper work but i need to get police permission via a form called Article 7 if i want to import it from within the EU.

All i know is that there is a large potential market in Ireland but they are unable to find dealers that will ship ammo. Yes i know the cost of shipping ammo will be high but we here in Ireland suffer from old laws which existed under British rule and as such those laws are still in force, even under our new(ish) Irish gov, basically these laws make it illegal to keep powder and primers and this seriously hampers our ability to have access to a good range of ammo.

On top of that, our ammo dealers are restricted in their dealing with wholesales and this has the effect of making the range/selectionof ammo very poor.

Can anybody provide details or a website address for a company that might be able to ship to Ireland, Europe.

Regards and thanks for any advice
    Ivan.
  2. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

Top o the morning Ivan:)

This is the best site I know of for the UK:

http://midwayuk.com/

They list their phone number & if they can't send you ammo I bet they can tell you who might be able to.

To check what ammo you may want to order, here is their website for the USA which lists all kinds of ammo:

www.midwayusa.com

Best of luck to you.

Brad
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008