1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ammo for 30 Remington Model 14

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Anothergungal, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Anothergungal

Anothergungal New Member

We used to reload for this rifle, but we loaned out our reloader to a family member and never got it back..

I found some ammunition at an online location, but I would like to know if it will work in my rifle before I purchase it. (It seems very cheap, but that's OK for shooting cans and targets)

I have a Model 14 30 Remington, and the rounds I am looking at are the Remington UMC Rifle Ammunition L30RAR1, 30 Remington AR, Metal Case, 123 GR, 2800 fps. The picture appears to show a slightly shorter bullet than I remember, and when I look for more information at Remington Arms, the only thing I see is that this round has "pressures perfectly suited to our lightweight R-15 platform".. :confused:

If someone can clear this up for me, I'd appreciate it!
  2. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

The 30 Remington AR is a completely different cartridge than the old 30 Remington. The naming similarity was a stupid move on Remington's part.

I don't know anyone that has factory loads for the .30Rem anymore.
    We've got a Model 81 in .30 but I reload for it. You can get new brass for reloading fromwww.buffaloarms.com.
  3. Anothergungal

Anothergungal New Member

That's what I was afraid of. Didn't want to have to buy all new reloading equipment, and special order brass, just to go shoot for fun.

Thanks for your reply..
  4. Anothergungal

Anothergungal New Member

Buffalo, Grafs and Cabelas are all out of brass.. Buffalo says backorders are OK, but no indication of time. Guess for now I have a paperweight.
  5. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You might try your luck here at Reed's.
  6. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Yeah, I understand that. That is the bad part about having an oddball cartridge.

That's a new one to me...got them added to my supplier list now too. Not especially cheap but if you don't reload it's a very nice option!
    Thanks for the link!
  7. Waldog

Waldog Member

I have a Rem 14 in 30 Remington as well. The 30 Rem was Reminington's answer to the wildly popular 30-30 Winchester. The 30 Rem is basically a "rimless" 30-30. I have been using loading data for the 30-30 and have been sucessful. Cases are available but, usually only manufactured once per year. I doin't think anyone offers factory ammo.
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Plus reeds has brass for stuff you cant normally get sometimes. Once i wanted good 7.62X54R cases but didnt wanna pay a buck a piece for Normas, and reeds had primed winchester metric cases at half that.
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member