Ammo For Ruger Mark II Bull

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

XChromeAZ
    (3/27/02 1:23:38 am)
    Reply Ammo For Ruger Mark II Bull
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was wondering if I can use the mag ammo in this gun? I know that it is an LR gun but what is the most powerful ammo that can be used in it? I have no manual and unfortunatly Ruger does not have a support section for such information.

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/27/02 1:56:28 am)
    Reply Re: Ammo For Ruger Mark II Bull
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    22 mag is much bigger and won't even come close to fitting. just use any 22 long rifle cartridge you want. The difference between them is insignificant in a handgun. So shoot what is most accurate in the pistol, after all a miss is a miss no matter how powerful it was.
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum
    To err is human. But to really screw things up you just about have to have a computer.

procrastinator
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/27/02 4:53:00 am)
    If you write to Ruger they will send you an owners manual free of charge.
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/27/02 9:33:28 am)
    Welcome to TFF XChromeAZ.

All of the above is good advice.....however, I've found that Rugers function better, and are more accurate with standard .22 LR, rather than the hotter LR rounds.

seb1899
    (3/31/02 11:28:31 am)
    I am a new shooter and have a SS Mkll Slab Side and have been working my way through the various brands.

The first I shot was CCI I purchased at the range and had a few jams but maybe it was my "ham handedness" because it was all new to me.

Then I tried Remington Thunderbolts and they were terrible - lots of jams and miss fires. Then I tried another low cost one from "Wally World" and it was poor as well.

My last outing was Winchester SuperX and I did not have any jams but my pistol now has about 400 rounds through it and the last time out it was squeaky clean to start with.

I spoke with the clerk at WW and he has been shooting their $8. something a brick in his 22/45 with excellent results. Being as cheap as I am I wanted the best for the least but the SuperX at about $1.50 seems to be the one.

I have noticed a few scuffed spots on my bolt so maybe the jams are the result of "break in" so maybe I will revisit the cheapies. At the range they said any brand but that it should be hi velocity???

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/31/02 11:32:14 am)
    My experience with Rugers has been just the opposite. Any brand, but NOT hi-velocity.

Rocket2Mars
    (4/10/02 4:48:26 pm)
    My MK II shoots best with Remington Target standard velocity. I tried all the high dollar ammo and had no luck.

Practice,Practice,Practice

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/10/02 5:00:24 pm)
    Welcome XChromeAZ

You should just keep trying different ones until you find one that the Ruger will like.